Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:18:07 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Oh....Oh.... Had to Cancel My Bobbin Winding party

Started by Mojo, March 12, 2015, 08:12:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Ya'll remember my bobbin winding machine I bought a couple years ago ? Well, I sat down to have a bobbin winding party, the music was going, the Hooters girls showed up and my dang machine bit the dust.

I ended up having to go out to the Chandler and wind them the old fashioned way. I ordered a new one and wound just enough bobbins to get me by till the new one came. I went with a different model this time and after I got it set up I must say I like this one better then the old one.

I wound 50 bobbins tonight which will last me for a short time. I have never wound bobbins the old fashioned way and now it is impossible since we are using twin needles. Do they even make dual bobbin winders ?

Chris

brmax

Sounds a bit like the closed sign was put up,  I mean the music was on and the girls.
From your view it was difficult staying focused and I can understand that. From my view its the closed sign that is difficult.
Just glad ya got everything wound up and had a good day

Mojo

When your doing production work like we do it is all about getting into a groove to pound out orders. It is hard to explain but I crank up the music and get into this groove and hate having to wind one bobbin. I instead wind a rack full of them which sits next to the machine and slap them in as I need to and keep going.

I wind bobbins alot of times late at night when I am watching TV or bored. I bought the M bobbins in bulk ( 100 ) and when winding I will go through half a pound of Solarfix thread at one sitting. But it speeds up my production and sewing having them ready to go.

This is the new bobbin winder I bought. It has sensors on it to detect when the bobbin is full and shuts it off. The sensors are adjustable for different sized bobbins. From what I understand these winders are used by quilters as well as in production settings.

I set mine up differently and run mine through a taller thread stand. The tension disc on this one seems to be much better and works alot easier then the old unit I had. The company who produced this video is also the same one I bought from. They had a new one to me in two days time. Excellent service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HRSOpZLhnI

Chris

JuneC

Bobbin winding machine?  That's what drills are for - variable speed - up to 1600 rpm's!  Now you can wind some bobbins on that!  Make a spindle that'll hold multiple bobbins and do 6 at a time.  That's what I'm talkin' bout.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

Mojo

Joys Shop

Darren Henry

QuoteBobbin winding machine?  That's what drills are for - variable speed - up to 1600 rpm's!  Now you can wind some bobbins on that!  Make a spindle that'll hold multiple bobbins and do 6 at a time.  That's what I'm talkin' bout.

June [quiet, crisis intervention voice] ---give your husband the remote, you've seen too much Tim Taylor and had too much red meat. Some buddy is going to get hurt. Put the tools down, take a deep breath and hang with Gene's dog for a minute. LOL.

Jill

BTW much funnier if you've seen the old TV "show" tool time. I can't remember the name of the sit com based on it but it starred Tim Allen et al.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!