Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 09:51:23 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

INR Test Meter

Started by BigJohn, March 04, 2015, 08:32:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohn

I'm sorry this is off topic but I fell it will be of help to any of you taking blood thinners and needing to test your INR (how thick or thin your blood is.

Anyone interested in purchasing a Roche Coagucheck INR test meter I'd be happy to share information about my positive experience purchasing a brand new meter on Ebay. My insurance wouldn't pay for a meter and I'm out of network while I'm doing the snowbird thing in the winter so I now do my own testing and the anti-coagulation service and my doctor at the clinic I use back in Wisconsin monitor my results and make any adjustments to my meds that are needed. I paid $720 for the meter and all the supplies needed for the first year of testing, after that it should cost me about $250 a year for supplies. Posted by; John Panosh

Mojo

I have an Allere model and my insurance pays for everything. I really like the convenience of not having to go to the cancer center lab for blood tests. I hate sitting in the lobby waiting, getting stuck and then waiting for the results and the nurse to tell me what adjustments in coumadin to make.

I have no idea what the costs are as my insurance pays for everything, meter, test strips, supplies, etc. My meter just crapped out after 2 years and it was under warranty so I sent it back and they replaced it with a new one.

Chris

gene

March 05, 2015, 05:01:22 am #2 Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 05:03:12 am by gene
I appreciate this kind of information.

Anything that helps folks save money is upholstery related, in my lack of humility opinion.

I got lucky with this topic. My doc thought I might need to go down the road of blood thinning but I can get by with taking an aspirin a day.

Can I give you some advise, because I'm not using it? The big thing is eating whole grains, veggies, fruit, and eating less processed foods and less processed meats. And walk around on the surface of the earth an hour a day, at least 5 days a week. So many medical problems are caused by us living sedentary life styles and being fat. My goal is to give folks this advise while I'm actually doing it myself.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

BigJohn

March 05, 2015, 09:11:10 am #3 Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:15:38 am by BigJohn
Chris/Mojo;
    I've been told most Allere meters have been recalled at order of the FDA for a problem that I can't recall, I'm not sure that they still sell them but at any rate check it out as I'm speaking from a He said-She said situation.
John

Here are a few links to info on the problem;

http://www.gblawyers.com/alere-inratio-lawsuit/?gclid=CjwKEAiAmuCnBRCLj4D7nMWqp1USJABcT4dfItzYnt36ejW0i-1FJq-CkSNdVm-5YnL0tZG_G7inmxoCIO3w_wcB

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm396324.htm

Mojo

I wonder if I have a different meter or one manufactured outside those dates. I have never had a problem and have my INR done at the cancer center quite often. It always matches the labs results.
Strange.

I have to go with whomever my insurance says I have to go with. :(

Chris