Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 03:26:19 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Where can I buy OEM fabric to repair a truck seat?

Started by slow96z, February 05, 2015, 01:12:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

slow96z

I got a new (to me) truck and the bottom of the driver seat has a tear in it with some of the foam deteriorating.  I know I can remove and patch the seat cover, and I know I can replace the foam with stuff I have in stock, but the tear is not just a tear, it's worn and fabric is missing.  My question is can I order this fabric from a manufacturer?  I just need a half a yard and don't want to pay for a seat cover that I don't need.  I also don't want to have to sway away from the factory color / texture because I don't want to have to recover the whole truck to match!  It's an 04 Ford F150 with the grey cloth interior.  This one isn't mine, but it looks a lot like it.

Thanks!
Justin

Virgs Sew n Sew

Hi!

Actually, I can help (I think).  I am getting ready to replace probably the same section of a seat on an 04 F150 truck, grey in color.  My fabric people were able to get factory cloth.  I had to buy 1 yard when 1/2 yard will suffice.  I'm happy to split the yard (at cost).  If you are interested, shoot me a pm and we'll work out the details!

Virginia

slow96z