Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:31:58 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Hey Everybody!

Started by jojo, January 18, 2015, 06:44:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

So business got really slow for the winter. So slow that I had to get a job. At an office. From 9-5.
It was hard to adjust to someone else's schedule, rules, etc., but it's actually kinda nice to get a consistent paycheck every two weeks.
Anyway, I'm doing the few winter jobs I have on the weekends. My current project is a chiropractor table. One of the bigger pieces has two strips of a gripper type of material (maybe 10"x2") stapled to the underside. Does anyone know what this stuff is and where can I get it?
Thanks guys. I've missed it here. Gonna go catch up on past posts.
Jo

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

jojo

No, it's definitely not Velcro. It feels more like sandpaper, but it's not sand that makes up the roughness. It's like a plastic type of texture. I've seen it before, but I can't put my finger on where I've seen it. The chiropractor told me it's on all tables of that type and it's actually pivotal to the functionality.

Darren Henry

Is it that peel and stick traction tape like you'd put on your truck's running boards or your RV steps,etc...
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

jojo

Darren, Yes! That would work! Where do you get it?

Darren Henry

I'd start by checking your safety supply retailers. Your auto parts stores should have it as well, or any place like Canadian Tire that carry a line of car accessories like polish,fuzzy dice,etc...You should also be able to get it at a boat or RV dealership. they will likely be pricey though. You might even find it at an "Independent living" store; Some where between the grab rails for the tub and the new tips for your cane LOL.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

jojo

Thanks guys. I'll probably order it online, as I may get distracted by the fuzzy dice.  :D

sofadoc

Quote from: jojo on January 21, 2015, 03:46:50 am
Thanks guys. I'll probably order it online, as I may get distracted by the fuzzy dice.  :D
Hey, pick me up a set of those pink wiper blades while you're there.

Just wondering........would the "hook" side of industrial strength Velcro work? Lowes and Home Depot have the 2" wide rolls with adhesive backing.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban