Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:55:14 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Recliner Estimate

Started by kodydog, January 09, 2015, 07:27:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

papasage

(and by the way, Social Security usually goes up every year).HA HA HA HA HA HA when it goes up  they increase  your insurance and  any  government assistant .
just recovering 40 years

Stephen

I give low cost options of MOST of my estimates, as shown on the Giving Upholstery Estimates page.. However, it's a low-cost option that I can live with. Even so, I am surprised at how many people choose the highest price, and are glad to pay it. (of course, this usually applies to high quality, special purpose, sentimental, or antique furniture.) People won't pay a lot of  they have junk furniture, unless they have a lot of sentiment attached to it.
Best Wishes,
Stephen

kodydog

Big surprise last night. The customer e-mailed back and wants us to do the job. Full price. Rose wrote back and said we would love to do it, when can we pick it up. Perseverance prevails.

Quote from: Stephen on January 16, 2015, 05:14:24 pm
I give low cost options of MOST of my estimates, as shown on the Giving Upholstery Estimates page.. However, it's a low-cost option that I can live with. Even so, I am surprised at how many people choose the highest price, and are glad to pay it. (of course, this usually applies to high quality, special purpose, sentimental, or antique furniture.) People won't pay a lot of  they have junk furniture, unless they have a lot of sentiment attached to it.
Best Wishes,
Stephen

Interesting concept. We all have to figure out what works for us. I've found in the past when I give a low ball estimate, thinking I'll do a less than quality job, I always end up doing the higher quality job anyway. I've come to realize if my name is going to be on the piece I want to preform the absolute best job I possibly can. No mater what type of piece I start out with. I leave it up to the customer to decide if its worth the price I charge.

Just finished this pair of side chairs. Originally bought at Pier 1. I'm sure between my price and what she paid for the fabric the total cost is above the original cost of the chairs. But she now has two custom made chairs. It was her idea to cover the legs. Looks neat.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

papasage

if i can`t do i right i rather not do it . give a price  you can  do it  right and  make  money  .
just recovering 40 years