Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:31:47 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bosch Foam Cutter

Started by baileyuph, January 11, 2015, 06:22:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

Mine is starting to run with a knock after a lot of use.

Question is :  Know where to get motor parts - not sure as it hasn't been assembled but imagine brushes are worn?

This was expensive then, don't know what a replacement goes for now (approx. 8 or 9 inch blade is on it).

(Did a fairly big foam cushion replacement this week and noticed it is starting to show its age).

New, if I recall correctly, replacement saw is around $350.  My luck, motor parts aren't available?  I bee looking!

Doyle

MinUph

Parts are available. Still expensive but still the best.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

baileyuph

In my search for parts, a complete motor (which is almost the entire saw - no blade or associated base) priced between $300 - $350. 

What goes bad inside the motor, which is - in essence the handle used by the operator?

I suppose brushes and armature which haven't been found. 

It is a good saw, mine served very well, now it is time to rebuild or replace?  The motor inside the handle wouldn't surprise me if it isn't almost $300?

Any contact info?

Doyle

kodydog

I needed parts for my Sinco staple gun and someone on the forum suggested this place. My parts arrived without a hitch and they have the exploded view diagrams to help you get the right parts.
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/bosch-1575a-0601575139-foam-rubber-cutter-parts-c-128_1029_3068.html
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

baileyuph

Visited the site Kody, looks promising - need to go to shop and disassemble to verify obvious parts needed.  Gosh, they offer the entire armature and fan for around $70.  So, whatever the problem is, the repair is a worth while option.  I am not saying that it needs that part but it is one of the major parts in a motor, i might only need brushes or brush springs or.........?

Looks promising, like I said.  I like the saw and am not driven by price to go and just buy new because it is cheap. (some less than $200).

Thanks,

Doyle

sofadoc

I would go ahead and gamble on a set of brushes.
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/carbonbrush-set-p-53209.html?osCsid=527gkldog418plp9jan483fg20
At that price, I'd go ahead and get 2 sets.

Although it has been my experience on other motorized tools that when the brushes are worn out, the motor just stops turning. I haven't noticed that it starts knocking.

I've replaced brushes on my servo-motor, and my electric rotary fabric cutter. Never noticed any knocking before they quit working.
I guess it's possible though. Especially if only 1 brush is worn out, and the other one still has some carbon left.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

otlass

Look online, Bosch does have service centers here and there customer service is very good I have to say. I brought my saw to the local hardware store to have it repaired  and they send it off to a center. So when my rotary cutter had issues I thought send it to them myself. They also might send you new brushes.
Good luck