Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 04:20:08 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

A Sign for Dennis

Started by Mojo, January 04, 2015, 05:52:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

My wife was shopping at Hobby Lobby yesterday and brought me home a sign. The first person I thought of was Dennis.

" Service May Vary  -  According to my Mood and Your Attitude ".

I am putting it up in my shop but since I rarely get walk in customers few will see it. Still I really liked it. I think you need to head over to Hobby Lobby and pick one up Dennis. :)

Chris

SteveA

I'm putting mine in the front window -

Darren Henry

Years ago I grabbed a sign at a craft/farmer's market on the harbourfront that always makes me smile. It reads;

" A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"

My favourite was the guy who came in during ice out [when I was so busy that I lived in the shop] and was firmly convinced that his boat windows should be bumped up the queue because " he had had them in the basement all winter and meant to bring them in".
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

byhammerandhand

I used to work with a guy who was a former Navy pilot.   He quoted the P^7 rule:

Proper prior planning prevents piss-poor performance.

Steven Covey talked about the quadrants

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

sofadoc

Interesting that when you saw that sign, you thought to yourself "Who is the surliest old bastard on the forum that I could suggest this for?"

I've often thought about fixing a sign that says:

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT........UNLESS THEY'RE WRONG (which is most of the time)
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Virgs Sew n Sew

When Bob & I started living together some 34 years ago, he had a sign in his bedroom:

"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do."

I worked with a full bird on Ft Leavenworth who had 2 I loved:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

My favorite was:

"You can't hit a moving target."

Virginia

Mojo

Your reputation precedes you Dennis. :)

Chris

byhammerandhand

I used to listen to a show on the radio and they guy always said,
"The customer is not always right, but they are the customer."

I always thought of adding, "...unless you don't want them as a customer."

Quote from: sofadoc on January 04, 2015, 10:20:44 am
Interesting that when you saw that sign, you thought to yourself "Who is the surliest old bastard on the forum that I could suggest this for?"

I've often thought about fixing a sign that says:

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT........UNLESS THEY'RE WRONG (which is most of the time)
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

byhammerandhand

crust·y
ˈkrəstē/
adjective
adjective: crusty; comparative adjective: crustier; superlative adjective: crustiest

1.  having a crisp or hard outer layer or covering.
    "crusty bread"
    synonyms:   crisp, crispy, well baked; More
    crumbly, brittle, friable
    "crusty French bread"
    antonyms:   soft, soggy
        (of a substance) acting as a hard outer layer or covering.
        "Lake Manyara was ringed by crusty salt deposits"

2.     (especially of an old person) outspoken and irritable.
    "a crusty old grandfather"
    synonyms:   irritable, cantankerous, irascible, bad-tempered, ill-tempered, grumpy, grouchy, crotchety, short-tempered, testy, crabby, curmudgeonly, peevish, cross, fractious, pettish, crabbed, prickly, waspish, peppery, cross-grained; More
    informal - snappish, cranky, ornery
    "a crusty old man"
    antonyms:   affable, good-natured

Wonder what most people would think if they saw a sign
   Pettish Upholstery
?

Quote from: Mojo on January 05, 2015, 06:07:12 am
Your reputation precedes you Dennis. :)

Chris
Keith

sofadoc

These 2 signs hung in my grandparent's upholstery shop 50 years ago.
They still hang in my shop today (along with a couple of those old antique fire bottles)

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

January 05, 2015, 12:37:37 pm #10 Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 12:39:36 pm by gene
QuoteWonder what most people would think if they saw a sign
  Pettish Upholstery

They would think some guy named Pettish did upholstery.

----------------------------

I have never been able to figure out why I know all the lyrics to the song Signs, by the Five Man Electrical Band. (1970). I never made an attempt to learn the lyrics. I never particularly liked that song, at least not in my top 25. But, I do to this day know all the lyrics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeT5otk2R1g

And yes, Darren, I know they are from Canada.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

byhammerandhand

Keith

Grebo

January 13, 2015, 07:00:33 am #12 Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:02:10 am by Grebo
Quote from: byhammerandhand on January 05, 2015, 01:11:39 pm

That's the one, I want to put that on my OH's work shirts.

My favourite for years was.

Another Month Ends . . .
All targets met
All systems working
All customers satisfied
All staff eager and enthusiastic . . .
All Pigs fed and ready to fly

Suzi