Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 03:21:13 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

North Florida Home and Shop for sale.

Started by kodydog, December 03, 2014, 06:35:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

December 03, 2014, 06:35:16 pm Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 06:39:07 pm by kodydog
Sunday we listed our house with a realtor. Our plan is to move our business back to Gainesville. Its a custom built 2 bedroom 2 bath on 10 acres. It features a 860 sf air conditioned upholstery workroom. The details are here if any of you snow birds are interested in moving to Florida.  :)

http://www.poolerealty.com/listing/108567611-150067307/11973-160th-ter-mcalpin-fl-32060/
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

No pictures of the shop. :(
Good luck Kody
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

kodydog

December 03, 2014, 06:54:24 pm #2 Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 05:18:00 pm by kodydog

sofadoc

Beautiful place. Looks like a great deal for someone.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

SteveA

A great recently built home on 10 acres for 200,000.00  ?  - I don't even want to tell you what you'd pay for a house 1/3 less the size on a 1/4 acre up here in NY.  It will sell - advertise it in the NY papers -
SA

Mike

December 05, 2014, 05:48:50 am #5 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 08:38:43 pm by Mike
Steve thats why i moved fo florida  what i sold for in new hampshire and bought for here.

Great secluded place kody. I k ow a guy in nh who would love to get that place. But pics of the polebarn and shop would be a plus for him.

kodydog

December 05, 2014, 10:12:46 am #6 Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 05:16:19 pm by kodydog
Here is a shot from the road. The shop is up front and the house is to the left. Our original plan was to build the shop on the back of the property but the power company gave us restrictions on how far the underground lines could go without adding transformers. So we built it closer to the road and upgraded the style to look like there are two houses on the property. The shop has its own power line. Plenty of power for a wood shop, compressor or welder.

This is the back of the shop. The pole barn/carport is 20'X20'. The shop is 24'X36'.

Inside shots. Excuse the mess. When we designed the shop we kept in mind that someday someone may want to turn it into an apartment. There is a half bath with 30 gal hot water, 2 A/C's mounted in the wall and hook up for washer and dryer. There is a wall down the middle separating the upholstery side from the cutting, sewing and office side. The walls, ceiling and doors are all insulated. The windows are double pane. The garage door is also insulated. The construction is all to code including hurricane clips and it all sits on a monolith slab foundation.

And the outbuildings. The last one is a 10'X10' kennel that could be converted to a picnic shelter or more storage for equipment. The whole 10 acres is fenced and attached to the house is a 100'X100' fenced play area for the dogs.

Mike

I wish I had that shop at my property but my shop at home 20x12 it as large as I can have

sofadoc

Quote from: SteveA on December 04, 2014, 03:09:24 am
A great recently built home on 10 acres for 200,000.00  ?  - I don't even want to tell you what you'd pay for a house 1/3 less the size on a 1/4 acre up here in NY. 
I'm always amazed at the home prices in other regions of the country. They usually seem so out-of-whack compared to Texas.

That's why I usually don't participate in conversations regarding upholstery labor prices on this, and other forums. It's like comparing apples to oranges. I'm on a FB upholstery group where someone will post a pic of an ordinary wing chair and ask "How much?". The answers start out at around $300. And with each progressive post, they go WAY up. Until eventually, it's up between $1200- $1500 dollars.

When I see these answers, I'm thinking "Oh well........I'm sure that my house would sell for half a mill if it were located in some of the places that charge $1500 for a wing chair. So I just assume that it's all relative.

When I see those house-flipping shows on TV, I see really run-down 1200 sq. ft. homes in "transitional" neighborhoods get a cheap make-over, and then list for 300-400K. Makes no sense.

I gotta go with Steve on this one. A nice home and shop sitting on 10 beautiful acres for 200 K  sounds too good to be true, even for around here.

I'm sure that your realtor knows what they're doing. The price is set according to the going rate in your area. Still, it sounds like a steal to me.

But everything that I DON'T  know about real estate would fill a vast library.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

scottymc

December 06, 2014, 12:47:18 pm #9 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 01:20:45 pm by scottymc
Looks like Kodys place is priced to sell, which if you want to move on that's better than asking 230 and waiting  a couple of years to find a buyer. Should not take long it is very well set up.

We are trying to sell our place at the momentwww.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-marengo-118275123as you can see real estate is a bit of a different world here, but it's all relative. $u.s.4.45 will buy you a gallon of gas in my town

Mike

December 06, 2014, 05:41:52 pm #10 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 05:42:49 pm by Mike
Dennis iwhen i got online back in the mid 90s i searched and found the home price. In florida and thiugh wow. I sold my little old added on lean to camp on a lake in NH for 390. When i got to florida in 2004 priicex were going up fast and being newbt i was concervati e and bout a realy nice home  ot on the water for 161. Put in a pool a d when thearket tanked sold it for a loss and finnaly bough a bouse a fixer upper on the water with  the money   But now in my area 200 k will buy a nice waterfront home.  But up north a dump.

kodydog

Very nice Scotty.

The Suwannee river wraps around Suwannee County. There are beautiful parks and we are the spring diving capital of the world. Ichetucknee Springs State Park sits in the SE corner and is called the gem of Florida. It is a beautiful place to live. Unlike south Florida we are in the deep south, almost in Ga. Most of the people living in my neighborhood are retired and either from the great white north or from south Florida. Its quiet and the cost of living is low. There is no crime.

Two good things recently happened that should boost our economy. The largest sawmill in the US just completed phase one. When complete it'll employ 800 people. The other thing is Bill Gates just bought a farm with several hundred acres. Lots of speculation over what he'll do with it but no word from his people.

Live Oak is the county seat and bustles during the week but on weekends it gets pretty sleepy. The Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park has 6 or 7 huge festivals every year. I've seen groups like The Almond Brothers Band, Dr John, Jonnie Winter, John Anderson, Andrew Jackson, Riba Mcentire, Doobie Brothers and much much more. The Steven Foster State Park in White springs has the Florida Folk Festival every Memorial Day. This 3 day event boasts seven stages and acts changing every half hour. Talent like Arlo Guthrie, Rosanne Cash and Mel Tillis are not unusual.

The Suwannee River flows into the Gulf of Mexico which is less than 2 hours away. The Atlantic coast, Jacksonville Beach and St Augustine are also less than a 2 hour drive. The weather is usually good. 3 months of hot in the summer but today high 78* low 45*. Almost paradise.

Mojo

Quote from: scottymc on December 06, 2014, 12:47:18 pm
Looks like Kodys place is priced to sell, which if you want to move on that's better than asking 230 and waiting  a couple of years to find a buyer. Should not take long it is very well set up.

We are trying to sell our place at the momentwww.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-marengo-118275123as you can see real estate is a bit of a different world here, but it's all relative. $u.s.4.45 will buy you a gallon of gas in my town

Bloody hell mate. I didn't realize you were a millionaire. I need to move to OZ and start up sewing there. :)   lol........

Nice place you have. My wife's family is all from NSW. Myself I love Vic and I typically know how to stir the pot with them. I would love to live around Ballarat. The coast in VIC is gorgeous too. BTW, do you know why all the trees in VIC lean towards NSW ? Because NSW sucks........lol....:)

Chris

scottymc

Neither did I Chris, doesn't matter how much you house is worth you still have to buy another one. Though I could go up to Ballarat and buy 2 or 3.

Whats the attraction to the "Rat", the thrill of the metal detector? The hot dry Summers? Or the bitterly cold windy winters?

We are selling up to get a smaller place closer to town and I will concentrate more on sewing, we were lucky we bought in down here over 25 years ago , it was way more affordable. Real estate prices are job protection for me as I am not going to have any retired upholsterers moving in on my turf, we have thought about cashing in and moving to the east coast, but there's to many old upholsterers working for cash. 

Darren Henry

Quotebut it's all relative. $u.s.4.45 will buy you a gallon of gas in my town

I can't speak for the whole province, but my corner of Manitoba has dropped to below $1.00 CDN/litre for the first time in like a decade. We're down to 98.9 from 129.9 at the peak. Kenora (first set of traffic lights once you're in Ontario) is usually a dime more. Minimum wages is comparable but the "average" for entry level jobs is a titch higher in Kenora. Like you say---all relative.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!