Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 11:27:44 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Emtreprenural quotes

Started by byhammerandhand, November 29, 2014, 04:08:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

kodydog

My two favorites,

45. "It doesn't matter how many times you fail. It doesn't matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because ... all that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are." --Mark Cuban

50. "By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day." --Robert Frost
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

I do work for a local customer who is VERY wealthy. When asked what his key to success is, he always says "Don't ever own a business that you can't run yourself........because at some point, you'll have to".
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

byhammerandhand

13. "Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure." --Earl Wilson

21. "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." --Red Adair
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

sofadoc

One of my favorites comes from the fictional J.R. Ewing.

"Success and failure are merely 2 buckets from the same well."
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

4. "Great companies start because the founders want to change the world... not make a fast buck." --Guy Kawasaki

Guy Kawasaki wanted to make a fast buck. LOL Just ask the vendors and employees who got stuck holding the bag when one of his companies filed for bankruptcy.

This guy is such a hot air BSer. He made a lot of money in the housing boom in SW USA during the 1980's and got popular with his Rich Dad Poor Dad books. He never had a Rich Dad. That was total BS. A lot of people like him. He's like Tony Robbins. If it motivates you, then go for it. Why not? If you want substance, then go somewhere else.

OOPS! I was referring to Robert Kiyosaki, not Guy Kawasaki. Sorry. All these Asian folks' names look the same to me.  ???
-----------------------------------
29. "If you don't have a competitive advantage, don't compete." --Jack Welch

I think this is very true for the little guy/gal. Otherwise we're only competing on price and that's a losing proposition for a small business. If you don't have a competitive advantage, you cannot compete.
------------------------------------

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

SteveA

The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play."
SA

Rich

I didn't read the whole list, was this one in it?

"When you go into business for yourself, you can work as little or as much as you like.
And you better like much!"
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!