Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:18:34 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Wanna go for a rip?

Started by Darren Henry, October 04, 2014, 07:19:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

I've been taking some snap shots as I drove around this summer. If you'd like to see my neck of the woods; hop in,buckle up, and grab a beer. We'll cruise SW manitoba.

In early summer my sister and I took Dad back up to the mountain [Manitoba escarpment for those following on their atlas.]

There is a large ravine just west of the hamlet we came from.

Our little 'Burg is ?-teen miles east of Riding Mountain National park on highway 5.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Darren Henry

Crack me one---I'm not actually driving, DUH!

In August my diaper's boat lift got picked up by the wind and tossed the length of his dock out into Sharpe lake [near lake Metigosh on the US border] and I got volunteered to help right it.

On the way home we got stopped for road construction on highway 10, so I bailed for a quick smoke and a couple of pics. Typical prairie scene. A lot of canola [that yellow plant you see in the field] planted this year.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Darren Henry

Twice this summer I took the old motorhome up to Kerr lake where our parents used to have a cottage. It's a small lake (1 mileX1/2 mile) just outside the SE corner of the park.

We have red-necks too.LOL. This rig rolled in as I was having lunch. If you look close you'll see there is no trailer for it. Some of the tires are actually wheels that swing up to deploy or down to transport. There is a gang plank that folds down once the two units are in the water.

I went back two weeks ago and had the adventure I talked about on Mojo's thread about hobbies etc...

I wanted to be in that bald spot in the middle of the picture, but couldn't keep the leveling blocks from sliding so tried to wiggle into here till morning.

It would have gone better if I had seen this , and knew that I had my flashlight shining on the wrong tree.

One of today's projects;

It is always beautiful up there in the fall, no matter what.

All's well that ends well.

Virgs Sew n Sew

Absolutely gorgeous!  I've seen lots of Canada on the HGTV remodeling shows Love It or List It and the scenery is breathtaking!

Mike

October 09, 2014, 12:49:36 pm #4 Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:50:05 pm by Mike
thats some pretty isolated are Darren like the middle of florida its flat and full of sugal fields here. ive got to cross over Saturday to look at a boat ill try to remebr to snaps a few shots

Virgs Sew n Sew

I could take pictures but y'all would laugh at me.  All you would see are lots and lots of corn fields and cattle feed yards.  That is Central Nebraska. 

If you get a chance to see the Sandhills, go for it.  They are just gorgeous, especially the Ogalalla Aquifir area.  Very scenic -- Lake McConahey has gotten good rainfall in the last few years so there are lots of boats out there as well as lots of water creatures.  I passed through on my way to Ft Collins, CO a few years ago and found it to be breathtaking.  Had not been there since I was a kid and didn't appreciate it then but sure do now.

Virginia

Darren Henry

Send the pics by all means. I'm curious to compare  to the more open farm land of the Canadian prairies. Harvest is almost done here so she's a little drab, but will grab some on my way east this weekend. Once you get a bit east of where these pics were taken it flattens out and the fields (Canola,wheat,potatoes,etc...) get much larger and the wind breaks and copse's of trees get smaller and further apart.

JuneC

Beautiful countryside, Darren.  Thanks for posting those.  I'm always amazed when driving long distances or flying over the central part of this country at just how BIG it is.  Seems to go on forever.  One trip I've always wanted to make was the transcontinental train they run (if they still do) from the east to west coast of southern Canada.  I'm sure parts would be monotonous, but I'd still love to do it.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Darren Henry

I believe it still runs coast to coast. I know the shorter "Rocky Mountaineer" still runs through the Rocky mountains of BC and Alberta. Now that's breathtaking!

Darren Henry

QuoteI'm sure parts would be monotonous,

It could be at the speed our passenger trains move. Then there is southern Saskatchewan and Alberta---you can watch your dog run away from home for 3-4 days.

Mike

I left early as its a 3 hour drive over to the atlantic side of florida to go see a boat , a few mile as you get away from the coasts it get very rural in florida ,bad thing driving east when the sun comes up ive always crossed south of lake Okeechobee where the sugar fiels are, this time I was north were the orange grove are 

at first you have large horse farms and sod farms it was pretty foggy at first

the land it as flat are far as you can see 
then in the center it does get a little hilly  and the orange groves

more crop fields
stoped at a truck stop half way
then there are cattle farms
more orange trees

then got near  to the east coast

got to Jupiter
think I was near june

crossed the Loxahatchee river

saw the boat

return trip more of the same then I loaded my boat on the trailer to do the deal

JuneC

That's about 1.5 hours north of me.  Spent my day doing lawn work.  It's been one RAINY fall and everything is growing out of hand.  Ready for winter when the growing slows down.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Virgs Sew n Sew

Breathtaking!  I've never been as far as Florida on the east coast.  South Carolina and Virginia when I was in the Army and then Ohio/Kentucky when married to the ex.  I've been to most of the central/western states but sparse on the eastern side of our Country.

Virginia