Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:43:45 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Is it just me or...

Started by cajunpedaler, October 08, 2014, 08:00:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: cajunpedaler on October 09, 2014, 11:41:03 am
I think everything has to do with presentation..if you seem desperate, that's what they pick up on.  I like to project confidence.

Perry

God only knows how I presented.   I had just started full time when I sent the letter-- I had just finished my first restaurant and was in a holding pattern on the vintage car I was working on so I didn't have a lot going on and was pretty worried about not making a go of it.  By the time the owner came to our house, I was working on the Upper Deck and had done several motorcycle seats, plus a lot of alterations/formal wear jobs.  I wasn't desperate at the time but wasn't sure how the jobs were going to flow in or not.   I just know that I was very glad to have her show up on our doorstep with work.  Seems like I am their upholsterer now.  I'm surprised the booths are needing to be replaced already.  I don't know when they were done but don't think it's been all that long.  We just finished getting all of them with the same vinyl in the last 9 months or so.  There is a rating for restaurant upholstery, forget the name of it, but it has to do with butts sliding off and on.  This particular vinyl had a very high rating so I wouldn't have thought they would start wearing thin already.  It is a busy restaurant so maybe they get more traffic than normal???

Virginia

sofadoc

I do work for a local chain restaurant. I've recovered their booths for over 20 years, and they've always been very pleased with my work.

Problem is.......they change managers about as often as they change their grease. So every time a new manager takes over, it's a whole new adventure. He has absolutely no idea who has been doing the booths.

Every time I see that restaurant show up on my caller ID, I know that it is totally clueless new manager who is taking a "shot in the dark".
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Darren Henry

We service several restaurants. Diaper's approach [rather than just leaving a card that will get round filed] is to get the contact info of the manager and call the day after he has seen they need work done. He low-balls the first couple of jobs to get them in the door and then sneaks the price up to our actual shop rate after they see my work and level of service. [Not my style---not my decision  :-[ ].

He keeps a general idea of how often they require my services and eats accordingly. {The man wouldn't make himself a peanut butter sandwich unless some one was there to open the jar for him and put the knife in the dishwasher when he was done} If  he sees something he calls and lets them know that they need to get stuff done.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!