Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:40:49 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Lace Up Top Cost

Started by regalman190, August 08, 2014, 06:56:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

regalman190

Well....I either dont't understand pricing for lace up tops or there are a lot of guys out there who want to work cheap.
I priced this job at $1000.00

5' x 10' Sunbrella lace up with a cutout to climb through to the flybridge. A vinyl window on the top with a velcro cover. Grommets, lacing and all. Then a 4' x 9' sun shade coming off that.

The customer said he gave it to another canvas shop for $500. And he said he had a few more in that range. Was I way off at $1000.00?
Regal Canvas

Mike

This sound like a rest shDe top off the back of a sportfish joe with a 4x9 sunshade that hooks to that with a a ces for the ladder fo the bridge right. I priced a rear shade top with ss frame off the bridge with a ladder access hole at 1450 the guy had no money then offered a sale later at 1200. Still hasnt done it. I get to recover a 5x7 t top 325 flat canvas. So for $500 that seems way to cheap usualy the east coast prices i hear are higher.  Then here. I get alot of midwestern people

regalman190

That's correct Mke. And Frame already exists.
I can see $500 for a flat top with grommets and laced. But to add a bridge cutout and a window that has a cover and then a sun shade clipped off that to two poles....I thought $1000 for everything was a good price.
Regal Canvas

Mike

August 08, 2014, 10:00:17 am #3 Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:01:18 am by Mike
Im finding latly i have to lower a bit to get the job

In another thread i mentioned a guy stoped at my house and asked about a bimini
20 year ago  i got $480 all the time for a 3 bow 6'long bimini sunbrella with a storage boot
Now i hear oh thats alot.  Of course theese sre little boat on trailers in driveways. But it was then also.
I gorgot the guy said i can get it for. $375 up the road. I said go cor it. That a deal.