Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 03:03:45 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Pricing

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, July 15, 2014, 07:11:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

a guy who owns a little storage lot had a boat cover stolen  the boat was to be shipped to the Bahamas an could I have it done by Wednesday   so I gave him a fair price and got a deposit well today I finished the cover  he asked if I could have it today and it was he knew id be done well I went into the office to say im done and he said hed have the money tomorrow and I said well I was looking to get it today. well he had bank trouble with a bounced xcheack and he was overdrawn.  he was going to find the money  well 6 pm he called and had the money that was a first . he felt guilty .

now back to Virginia

Virgs Sew n Sew

Thanks again for all of your input.  As I posted before, I've been increasing my prices usually on a quarterly basis.  I'm now looking at each new job as far as what price I should charge.  I definitely know that I've been undercharging but rationalized that as many times, it was the first time I had attempted it.  So I felt my customers deserved a price break since they were my guinea pigs.  However, it's been 2 years now and you learn quick in this business : ) also you take knowledge from one job and apply it to the next.  So, it's time for me to recognize my own worth.

Having said that, I'm still struggling with how much to charge on the pontoon covers.  Guess I'll just play it by ear when they're finished.  Should finish one in the next few days so I need to figure something out.

Thanks again!

Virginia

Darren Henry

Quoteit's time for me to recognize my own worth

Atta Girl,Virg!!!!! And it's not just about the money. Remember that you're worth as much as anybody else when it comes to how you let other people treat you, and how you treat yourself.

QuoteI felt my customers deserved a price break

I've never had my mechanic knock $10 off the bill 'cause he had to answer the phone or nature. I did so many favours/breaks/whatever you want to call it that my customers now have to got to someone much more expensive and I am stuck existing out here. Be fair---but fair to yourself as well.

And that " I'll make it up on the next job" is a myth. At least I kept on shooting myself in the foot to be nice to them on the next job too.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!