Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:27:36 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Customer Won't Pick Up His Stuff

Started by jojo, July 02, 2014, 05:13:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

So I finished this guy's boat seats over a month ago. Called him right away, but his voice mailbox was full and couldn't leave a message. So I emailed him. He emailed back and said he'd come pick them up that weekend. That was a month ago. Another email, no response. Voice mailbox still full.
What's the next step? I could probably sell the seats, as they are from a common boat. I don't have any policy in writing about this.

MinUph

Unfortunate you have to hold them. I would write letter mailed to him registered giving him 30 days or they will be desposed of. But I think 90 days is the law. The registered letter might kick him enough. We have one for months also. Big hurry then no show.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

mike802

July 02, 2014, 08:43:54 am #2 Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:44:29 am by mike802
That's what I usually do, send a registered letter saying that in 30 days they will be disposed of, and keep a copy.  If you think they really do want their
seats back you could threaten a storage fee, some times that help them come up with the money, or the time to come and get them.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

kodydog

July 02, 2014, 10:19:36 am #3 Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 10:24:22 am by kodydog
Give him a few more weeks then if he's still a no show one day at your convenience show up at his door with the seats and demand your money. Worked twice for me. They always seem a little embarrassed as they're writing the check.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

I had a customer that was ducking my calls for several weeks. I left messages that were ignored (this was years ago.......before everyone communicated by e-mail or text).

I tried calling from a different number in case she had Caller ID. She would answer the phone, then as soon as she recognized my voice, she would just start saying "Hello? Hello?" as if she couldn't hear me.

At a friend's suggestion, I called and left a message saying that if she didn't respond by noon tomorrow, I would consider her furniture "abandoned", and donate it to a local church or civic organization (it was only an idle threat that I had no intention of really doing).

She picked the furniture up and paid for it within a few hours.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

jojo

He finally emailed me back. He claims he will pick them up this evening. We shall see.