Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:31:49 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Ikea

Started by bobbin, June 29, 2014, 09:59:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbin

My brother and I own a home that has required considerable work.  Evidently the mice moved upstairs from the cellar last winter and into a sofa.  I was dismayed that my brother took it to the dump without consulting me, but he did.  (early '70s, 3 deck cushions, upholstered back, it was nicely constructed).  So I "scored" an Ikea sofa today (free, roadside, very clean, and I know the family).  It's perfectly serviceable, but what a piece of -hit! looks as though it was made from leftover construction lumber.  And the slipcover is really bad.  It was a dope slap about how shoddy furniture is constructed nowadays!

sofadoc

I have a lot of customers that buy stuff from Ikea, and bring it from the store straight to me to recover. Apparently the look of that stuff is trendy right now, they just want to customize it with their own choice of fabric.

If I'm going to have to recover junk........I'm just glad it's NEW junk.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

July 01, 2014, 05:55:19 am #2 Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 05:55:57 am by Mike
Its a through away world now havnt seen any tv repair men latly.
When i moved to floria 10
Years ago i bought new furniture at a lo cal store. Then i moved 4 years ago and last year i was sick of looking at the old stuff not that it wasnt still good just tired of it.  

kodydog

Ikea is hip, trendy and cheep. Looks good on the showroom floor but what will it look like 5 years from now. My niece is in her late 20's and loves the stuff.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html