Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:16:41 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Timing issue on Consew 199R

Started by cajunpedaler, August 09, 2014, 04:32:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cajunpedaler

I posted a video to Youtube and if anyone has good suggestions, I'm all ears. I pulled this machine out of about a 5 yr storage this morning, timing was trashed, got it back, had a beautiful stitch and then YIKES, wanted to do a zig zag and that was all she wrote. 
For the life of me, I can't get it back right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3AFgl9iuUs

Thanks.
Perry
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success. If at first you fail, redefine failure.

BlueFlamingo

I just went through a similar situation with my REX 11-155 R.  I had to ensure the Hook Assembly was adjusted correctly on the the shaft as well as the hook timing.  My Timing had to be PRECISE!!!  The point of the hook had to be centered in then eye of the needle  @ about the bottom of the eye.  If it was @ the center of the eye it would NOT work correctly.  It was VERY sensitive and quriky.  I worked on it for over a WEEK before I finally got the correct combination of everything.  Do you have an owners manual.  I did not and went online and bought one and THAT really helped.  I don't think I would ever have figured it out with out one.  You really want to confirm that the hook is not to far forward or back on the shaft cause that can really cause issues too.

Bob T

August 12, 2014, 07:00:21 am #2 Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:04:17 am by Bob T
Perry, I looked at your video and I think you may have a thread knot under the bobbin basket.  In the video, where you say the thread hangs up on the shaft....there is no shaft.   But a knotted up thread could hang things up.  In the past, when this happened to me, I would remove the tiny screws which hold the bobbin basket to the hook assembly.  This will allow the bobbin basket to be removed and you can then clean under it.    Please be forewarned, you must be very careful removing the screws as they get lost very easy.

When I do this service, I take the head out of the table and set it on a work table on top of a white towel.  I get a very good work light so I can see, then I remove the 3 screws which hold down the "C" shaped piece which keeps the bobbin basket in place. This "C" shaped piece just comes into view at 1 min 8 seconds into your video.  These screws are very easily lost so be very deliberate about removing them and putting them is a secure place.  The white towel is there to catch the screw (s) should they be dropped.  Once the "C" shaped piece is removed the bobbin basket can be turned one way or the other and it will come out so you can clean under it.

cajunpedaler

Thanks.  I did get it running and making a good stitch, but will explore taking the c part off and cleaning behind that.
Perry
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success. If at first you fail, redefine failure.