Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:14:42 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Scan app.

Started by Mike, August 24, 2014, 06:39:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

August 24, 2014, 06:39:53 am Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:41:40 am by Mike
I found a new app for my i phone   Genious scan

After i write a contract i. An scan it usi g my phones camera , it will save it as a pdf.
So i could even email it to a out of state customer to print sign and return.
But best of all i sill have a copy of all my contracts on my phone or i can send to my laptop to store or save on a cd. It save it with the date also   Every sooften a past customers call a d. Ow i can recreshmy memorie what i did for them. And dont need to look for the old paper.  
Genious scan. You can also search by name. For the file

Darren Henry

August 24, 2014, 08:00:30 am #1 Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:09:01 am by Darren Henry
That sounds like something I could use. We have one scanner for the entire company and the bean counter has it set up so that he is the only one who can use it. I routinely have to do mattress inspections for the retailers I repair for and have to scan/submit a written report electronically. Makes it a pain if he is out when I am trying to bill and send my reports.

Walk me through the mechanics of using it. I remember when scanners etc... first came out Jerry had one that looked like a pregnant ruler that you slide across your document. It was very touchy---if your hand shook or your speed changed etc...it would act up.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

You take a photo of the document it senses the borders of the paper and you can also adjust like cropping  then when you save it it square it up and saves as a pdf simple.

Darren Henry

thanks. I'm going to look into that.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Darren Henry

I down loaded it last night and played with it a little this morning. Free download,very easy to use---but I'm having issues with my scans being blurry. Probably my shaky hands. thanks for sharing this Mike.