Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 08:26:55 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Update On Doyle ??

Started by Mojo, May 13, 2014, 05:26:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Still have not seen hide nor hair of one of our more active members Doyle.

A couple of us tried reaching him by phone to no avail.

Has anyone else heard from him ?

I truly hope everything is OK with him. I am a bit concerned as he was a very active
and cherished member here. I miss his thought provoking posts.

Chris

baileyuph

Thanks for your concern and nice words - Chris.  Busy is the quick answer.

Ok, here is one for the analytical gifted, past industrial machines - some were equipped with DC current sewing lights, less heat is part of the equation.  Machine isn't the issue, this is about understanding/trouble shooting AC and DC light systems.  The DC lights use a bulb similar if not equal to an auto turn signal bulb or back up bulb, as additive  background.  The Energy coming to it runs through a rectifyer that changes it to DC.

Phenomena is, when sewing larger pieces of material bulk builds (think of a boat cover and sewing out in center) and rubs against the DC light housing that forces it against machine head (a force in a word).  This force in recent events has blown the bulb.

In analysis, the DC bulb housing is metal as well at the head.  The question is why is this force causing the bulb to blow? 

What is encouraging this to inadvertly happen, the lines have been chased for any apparent contributor?  No apparent answer yet.

Several questions surface in my mind, have bulbs changed from the past, such that DC bulbs used then were designed to endure such use and now substituting (auto DC bulbs-they look same physically and do fit) a look alike- but not alike bulb is the issue?

Run this by your machine mechancic for ensights.  The degree of the issue isn't encouraging swapping from DC to AC lighting system.

Take care,

Doyle

Mojo

Doyle:

Whew........ Glad to hear your OK and still with us.

I missed your posts. especially those that make me think.........:)

Chris

bobbin

I hear ya on the "busy" thing.  Good to see you've checked in. 

Mojo

Ditto on Bobbins comments. Thanks for checking in. Don't stray for so long next time.

The last thing you want is for Dennis or I to come looking for you. If we bring Bobbin along
you know your going to be in trouble. :)

Chris

Mike

busy  is and isn't good.
just busy enough is the key.
  im trying to achieve just enough in my life

boyfalldown

No idea why your lamps are blowing, have you thought about an led replacement? They run on dc so no need to remove the rectifier.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/ba9s-ba7s/

Jim

baileyuph

Jim,

Man do I like your suggestion!  There are a couple bonus to the idea and I could use the additional light, i assume one of the LED options is brighter.  Right now, I use a 1154 bulb, one that traditionally is used for auto.  I really like the idea, buy one pop it in and see if it satisfies, which I am thinking it will.

Why the bulb is blowing could be my hand motions during sewing relatively larger items and it could be the physical blow or metal lamp shade striking the machine head.  I have been a bit more careful lately, no blow!

Thanks for the idea!!

Doyle