Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:27:00 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Delivered and looks great

Started by bobbin, May 09, 2014, 02:31:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbin

I delivered phase one of a big job today.  An aft cabin berth (latex foam in a folding berth), and a "fix" for a botched V berth configuration.  They looked great and they fit great.  (and they sucked to muscle into place, lol).

I was thrilled with the V berth.  Original cushions were way too small.  I think the person who patterned them failed to factor in the height of the foam and the resulting cushions were too small.  I had to use my patterns to make the best use of the existing latex foam inserts.  I used left over latex foam (from the aft cabin folding cushion) to correct the sizing on the V berth.  It worked out beautifully.

Mojo

Congrats Bobbin. You Dah Lady..........:)

Chris

Mike

MinUph

Really bobbin, no pics on a beautiful job?
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

kodydog

Congratulations on a job well done. That latex foam is heavy isn't it.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

JuneC

Where's the pics??!  And those v-births are a treat, aren't they?  Love the way they flare and curve all at the same time.  Makes patterning a real treat.  NOT!  The thicker the foam gets the more fun it is.  Funny how the top edge can be 78" across and the bottom edge is 72" and move 6" forward and it's all different.  Love that stuff.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Darren Henry

June, don't remind me ! Since I've moved back to the prairies four years ago I haven't had to do one---until now.this one is going to be a real treat.The boat is an hour and a half away,the old cushions he dropped off don't fit properly,one is missing and he has modified the cabin.I am waiting on,and forced to rely on HIS measurements.

How about I send them down to you,bobbin? I would ,of course,include the A535 for stuffing them LOL.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Grebo

Well done bobbin, it feels good when it comes out pretty.

Photos....

Suzi