Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 12:23:33 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Pop up camper screen redo

Started by Nandy, April 03, 2014, 03:57:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

Quoteevery thing needs to be packed away, just like normal tent camping, except the bed & the kitchen.

I meant to ask you about that. What amenities are built in? Our's usually have a 2 or 3 burner stove top (propane), sink with hand pump (maybe 12 V on the higher end units) & freshwater reservoir. Ice boxes have pretty much been replaced with small 12V/propane fridges , and I see a fair number of small propane furnaces and inverters to run a wee bit of 110 (house hold currant here) off the 12 V along with the 12 V light(s).
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Grebo

No, it doesn't come with the posh kitchens like the combi camps. Or lighting
We built our own kitchen, two burner cooker with grill, fridge and storage.
Water is a 20/30 litre water carrier that sits on the end of the unit, we don't bother with pumps & sinks, just walk it all over to the camp wash facilities. The OH has wired 220v mains & lights so we can plug in any site if we want to.
The fridge runs off 12v / 220v or gas. If we don't have 220v available it's not worries just run off gas & batteries.

Suzi

Nandy

Im not familiar with tencate, I have found a few stores that have the canvas and the marine canvas for the top of the pull outs. We shall see, still completing other small projects before I take on the screens. I might even do a few panels for the small camper first just to get some sewing time under my belt. The difference is that I am not planing on selling the small camper where the big one with the window problem will be sold in order to help pay for a hybrid unit.

Thanks!