Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 06:22:01 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Not much mail anymore

Started by sofadoc, March 12, 2014, 04:47:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

As I walked by the store next to mine (former office supply, closed 5 years ago), I noticed some mail through the glass door. It was my mail that had been stuck under the wrong door by mistake.

I called the post office. The postman came by and apologized. He said that he hasn't memorized this part of his route because he rarely delivers any mail to me.

It hadn't occurred to me, but he is right. I do so much online now, that I seldom get any mail. I pay all my suppliers online or by phone. And for whatever reason (I'm NOT complaining), I get very little junk mail. My utility bills come to my home address. And I really don't get all that much mail at home anymore either. Remember when the bank used to mail about 50 cancelled checks back to you every month?

Gone are the days when I would open the mailbox to find 5 or 6 of those "pre-approved" credit card offers. Is it because I'm no longer in their target-age demographic? Or is direct mail marketing just becoming a thing of the past?

Do you guys still get a fair amount of mail?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

We still get a small amount of junk most days. Bills come on paper as I like it that way even though I pay most online. Some days there is actually nothing in the box but that is kinda rare.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Allan

I still get a bit of junk mail and a heap of electronic junk mail from the USA
I would love to stop it
I tried a few weeks ago and now this spam is back with a vengence
I wish there was a government agency to stop the span
It is for maceys, tobacco stores, timeshare etc
Love to know where they get my details

Allan

gene

I get 1 piece of mail a week, at the most. The mail I get will often say "Occupant".

Allan, I use 'throw away' email addresses often. I recently signed up to read the content of Investopidia. com. I used a 'throw away' email address. When I checked that email address at the end of last month, I had 30 different emails all generated from having given my email address to that one web site.

byhammerandhand posted a link recently of a web site that you can use that helps to filter your junk mail.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

I never get canced checks either although i rarely eve. Write one its all online or bank card.
I do get a fair amout of juno mail and a credit card offer last week and aarp crp.

One thing im wondering with checks now   I have the new service where you deposite a check with a app on your phone take a pic then later destroy the paper check.
I wonder how many are not properly shreaded and then acount number are around in the trash?

sofadoc

I think I'm getting a small smattering of mail around the 3rd of every month. The rest of the month, almost nothing.

It ain't like the old days, when the same mailman had the same route for his whole career. It seems like every time I get mail now, it's delivered by a new guy.

Remember when you knew your mailman by name? And you knew his family? We had the same guy delivering to the family upholstery business from the time I was a kid up until about 15 years ago. Since then, about 9 or 10 new guys a year. They just come in, throw the mail down, and leave without even making eye contact.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

I got a piece of mail today!

It was a 1099 from a customer that I should have gotten before the end of January. LOL

She did put a note in it apologizing for the lateness of the delivery.

gene

Mike

Speaking of msil. A facebook friend.  Mailed a christmass card in december. And just got it returned this week undeleverable. And with no card in the envolepe. 

gene

I think I would go postal if I had to work for the post office. Remember those 100's of millions of dollars spent on European cycling racing? Lance certainly enjoyed that financial backing.

gene

Mojo

Dennis:

If your feeling a little lonely and left out, Gene and I can help you. We can go online and sign you up for some catalogs ( Victoria Secret, etc. ).

Heck we will even send you a personal card or something if you want. :)

Chris

kodydog

I went to check the box yesterday and it was empty. I wouldn't even notice if they reduced delivery to 3 days a week. Everything's on line now.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

bobbin

Mostly "junk" now.  I received 3 Christmas cards and remember when it was 3 times that number. 

I still receive bills in the mail.  I am just not comfortable with "on-line" billing and bill pay.  Too many variables for my pea brain to comprehend, and if it's that easy for me and so easy for the creditor, then it's undoubtedly as easy for would-be  thieves. 

MinUph

Quote from: Mojo on March 16, 2014, 06:08:27 am
Dennis:

If your feeling a little lonely and left out, Gene and I can help you. We can go online and sign you up for some catalogs ( Victoria Secret, etc. ).

Chris

I dare ya!
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website