Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:06:55 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

How long should restaurant booths last?

Started by sofadoc, February 14, 2014, 09:27:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1unique

I just came from doing measurements from a local restaurant to do some booths. I haven't had the opportunity do do any yet. I had planned on using Arctic Vinyl that's 40oz. am I on the right track? I don't know how to charge either. The owner just wants bottoms done and "hopes" I can just tighten up the Inside Backs. I informed him they were just as bad.   Does the whole wood frame need to come out?   

Darren Henry

I'd say the arctic is a good call if he wants black (or you have colour options there). It wears well and because it is ejavascript:surroundText('',%20'',%20document.forms.postmodify.message);xpected to have some gas slopped on it (it's for sno-mo seats---) might handle harsh cleaners a bit better than some others.

I don't know what to tell you about price other than leave yourself a fair bit for any "oh-crap" you run into especially as this is your first go. there can be Issues come up ---tell him up front any structural repairs/having to peel off numerous layers of old fabric that the last guy just stapled over etc is extra because you cannot tell until you get in there. If you start low and have to add too much or have to adjust your price for next time ---you're the bad guy. If you come in under quote---you're the new "go to guy/hero". They have to get them done [health codes] so be don't be afraid to ask a fair market value for your work.

QuoteDoes the whole wood frame need to come out?

You will have to go back and check on how they are constructed before you can bid.Most booths have removable seats --either foam on plywood or drop in frame/spring/foam build up, held in place by blocks or occasionally a few screws. I have two restaurants here in town that where the brainchild of some idiot who knew nothing about carpentry or upholstery. the entire booth has to be removed (after you you remove the paneling stapled over the mounting screws and the upholstered bolsters before you can start undoing all the back stapling and needless seams (like I/S back-seat--that is then stapled to the one piece frame  ::) ).
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

iralic

Spirit Millennium is our preferred vinyl for most projects.  Here is a link to the actual cleaning information.

https://www.naugahyde.com/files/catalogsectiondocument/CareandCleaningBrochureREV2131818050853036.pdf
We specialize in decorative upholstery https://www.richardsonseating.com