Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:57:44 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Embroidered or silk screen patches

Started by timtheboatguy, February 05, 2014, 11:00:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

timtheboatguy

I'm sure this has been ask here before and possibly me so my apologies for the mindlessness.

I want to have some patches made that have my biz name & number on them that I can stitch onto my boat covers. Before I just pick some company off the internet, do any of you fine folks have any recommendations? Also, preference embroidered VS silkscreen.

Thanks Much!
http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

bobbin

I think the embroidered patches would be more money and I wonder how long they'd last in the UV and weather.  I'd go for a nice sew on label, myself. 

MinUph

Embroidery is done with poly thread should last and looks much nicer. I will look up a number when I get home. She does nice work and reasonable.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Darren Henry

I remember this going around a couple of times over the years. I believe that in one of the latest ones someone recommended an "on line" company that had done a great job for them at a decent price. Of course being "employed" and Canadian I didn't take note of their name etc...

Have you searched the archives, yet? I'll bet you a Tim Bit ™ it's still there---I'm sure it was post crash.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

Tim:

This is the company that I order mine from. I was very skeptical of the quality not to mention
them coming from Hong Kong. When I got them I was shocked. They are very high quality and better
then the Solarfix and Sattler labels that I use.

I did my own artwork and included " Made in the USA " on my label along with my company name
and web address.

Here is the link:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/600pcs-Custom-Boutique-Woven-Clothing-Labels-/350272151241?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item518dd8dec9

Fancy weaver is a pretty popular overseas company BTW. I wanted to patronize a USA based company but at 3 times the price I decided to go with these people. Hope this helps.

Chris

timtheboatguy

Thanks folks,

Chris, that ebay deal does looks pretty good, especially after calling a local business that wanted about twenty times as much!
http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

Mojo

They are very high quality woven labels. Their communication was excellent. I did the artwork and sent it to them ( e-mailed it ). They did the layout and e-mailed me back a proof for approval. I OK'ed it and they made them and shipped them.

Very good work. If you need help putting together the artwork let me know. I can do it for you and send it to you via e-mail. Just tell me what you want it to say and how you want it laid out along with the colors.

I had ours made in our corporate color scheme - burgundy labels with light gold stitching. be more then happy to help you out.

Chris

Mike

I got a load 20 years ago crom metro tag and lable.  Com
I still have a bun h. There printed not emroidered.