Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:38:27 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Designers and Decorators - Anyone engaged in Such?

Started by baileyuph, December 17, 2013, 06:26:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

In your support work, who does the pickup and hauling of the furniture?

Doyle

chrisberry12

pick up and delivery depends on the client. Since we are talking designers/decorators, if they live here on Island they take care of that but if they are out of state or Off the Cape then I take care of that. It is different from job to job, like anything. Actually everything about the business is so much different here then on mainland. I am on an island so the whole trade is different, busy time is summer, slow time is the holidays and starts to pick up now.

bobbin

I am not an upholsterer. 

I always prefer to have a piece requiring a slipcover in my shop.  But, I have no desire to go into the "furniture moving" business and I also understand that slipcover customers don't wish to surrender a significant part of a room's seating capacity for a more than a couple of days, if at all.  I pattern in the customer's home.  And I get wonderful results.  I can pattern just about anything accurately.  And do it efficiently.  Time is money, afterall!  For me it's more about good marketing. 

baileyuph

I can readily understand Bobbins point.  I get repair request that I can do in less than an hour.  To merely truck it to the shop and return would cost much more than fixing or repairing on a mobile basis.  Customers love it, the negative is finding someone at home.

Doyle