Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 09:32:43 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

We had a head on accident!

Started by BigJohn, December 13, 2013, 02:29:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohn

Hi;
     Pat and I had a head on accident about 8:00 this evening on Sun valley Parkway about 2/3rds of the way home from dinner out in Surprise AZ with our good friends Carla and Aaron, an 88 year old gentleman driving on the wrong side of a divided 4 lane highway came out of nowhere and despite me taking evasive action I was only able to get about 2/3rds to 3/4s out of the way! Our 2004 Deville is history the left front wheel ended up pushing against my left big toe and the steel that the door mounts to was pushed in in such a way that it did damage to my knee. The left rear corner of the hood came through the windshield and ended up about 10 inches from my face, they had to take me out using the jaws of life, Pats side wasn't hurt as bad but the air bags did damage to her chest bruising a lung and causing them to keep her in the hospital for fear of a collapsed lung. The 88 year old man was in and out of consciousness and fear that he wasn't going to survive caused the police to follow the helicopter to the hospital to do a more intensive investigation including sending someone to our hospital to do a breathalyzer test on me that came up as: 0.00 ! We both are on some heavy duty industrial strength drugs for our present and future pain. Please Pray with & for both Pat and I as well as the 88 year old man who as of right now I don't know of his condition. Thanks in advance!

BigJohn

MinUph

Big john,
  So Sorry to hear about your accident. My wife and I will pray for all of you. Get well.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

SteveA

To John & Family,
That was difficult to read through - speedy recovery to all - praying that the upcoming joys are not dampened and your difficulties are overcome -
Blessings
SA

Toledo Mach. Sales

Big John,
Sounds like somebody was watching over you,you'll be in our prayers.
Bob
We sell New& Used Industrial Sewing Machines,Parts,Needles & Thread.
Toll-Free#1-866-362-7397

Mojo

John:

I am so sorry to hear of this. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Thankfully you all will recover.

Get well soon,

Chris

Mike

Boy i hope the old guy is ok too
Could have been your day.
You have a special christmass gift . Make the best of each day

JuneC

Wow, that sounds like an awful experience.  Someone was definitely watching out for you guys, but I'll bet you'll feel the impact more in the days to come.  That kind of trauma rattles every joint in your body.  Speedy recovery to all of you!

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

scott_san_diego

John,
My thoughts and Prayers for you and your wife.

kodydog

Good Lord John. One minute your just cruising down the highway having a good time with friends and the next your whole life is turned upside down. Our prayers are with you.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Rich

Prayers and well wishes to you and all involved in that accident.
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

CKKC

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.  God Bless!!!

Darren Henry

A speedy recovery to you and Pat, John. Like the country song says---Today is called  the present because it is a gift. I'm sure a brush like that will remind all of us to embrace life and make the most of our time here.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

BigJohn

UPDATE: after about 12 days we are improving Pats lungs are badly bruised but the one that partially collapsed quickly recovered but they found 3 cracked/ broken ribs on additional X-rays Monday after the accident, those have her in a lot of pain when she lays or sits down and also getting up. My left leg & foot from the knee down continues to be my main source of pain badly bruised and super swollen, but it will heal and a lot of the pretty purple is fading already! After only living in Arizona for about 14 months we have the greatest friends, neighbors, and even perfect strangers coming to our aid that night and ever since! A neighbor took me to the local shop for a hair cut and after cutting my hair all three of the ladies lined up hugged me said they had been praying for me and told me my money was no good just go home and get well, these were perfect strangers! I expect a whole different outlook on life and I hope it makes me a much better person!

BigJohn

Darren Henry

Glad to hear you are both recovering well. God-speed with that.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

Good to hear john. Sounds like you have as many blue hair as we do

Did you hear how the old msn is?