Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:38:10 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Let Me Down Again

Started by Mojo, November 20, 2013, 08:33:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Once again I held another bobbin winding party and none of you guys or gals showed up.

I get my hopes up thinking some of you will show up.........only to be let down.....again. :)

I wound 40 bobbins last night while listening to music so am good to go for a short period of time.
I HATE winding as I go. I much prefer having them all ready and change them out.

I have done everything I can think of to entice you guys. Hooters girls.....drinks....... I give up. :)

Chris

sofadoc

That just goes to show you. There are more WAYS than ever before (Wind As You Sew)

Nobody comes to my BWP's either. I even had a 6-pack of diet root beer, and a box of Moon Pies all laid out.

I guess I shouldn't be so picky. I always specify on the invitations:
M's only........no G's allowed!

BTW I upgraded to Windows 8.1, and now my smileys don't work.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

you know sofa my smiles stopped working before I got 8 I was getting red X's in boxes and a white page after I turned off smiole all was ok but I can inly have a while or the yellowy orange background .
\how are you liking that windows 8 it took me along time to get used to the charms bar and touching in the corners to get the start page ect.

Mike

I like to buy prewould mojo if I have to ill wind as I go if I have a spare spool if not I wind away 6 at a time

gene

I'm a WAYS guy myself. I like the fact that when my bobbin runs out there's another one sitting right there on my machine, freshly wound, never stale, just waiting with an air of anticipatory delight to lock the stitches.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

regalman190

I'm a wind as I sew guy too!
Regal Canvas

bobbin

sofadoc

Quote from: bobbin on November 21, 2013, 08:52:44 am
I "roll my own", too.
But do you roll one at a time as you sew, or wind a bunch in advance?

I use a wide variety of sizes (45, 69, 92, 138) and different color threads, so I don't always have 2 spools of every oddball color/size on hand. That's mainly why I throw myself a BWP.

Also, I have a local supplier that gives me a better price-per-pound if I buy 2 lb. spools. But since I'm buying big spools, I can't always afford to buy 2 of each color/size.   

Grebo

Roll me own as well, no filters.
I only use a few colours & three sizes & have enough to have two bobbins of everything.

Suzi

bobbin

2 spools of every color.  Whenever I thread up in the color I put the other cone on the stand and wind a bobbin. 

sofadoc

Well, there you have it, Chris. That's why nobody is coming to our BW parties.

We're the only ones that wind 'em in advance.

Oh well........just means more Moon Pies for me.