Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 04:21:44 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Needle quandry Big Duh!!!

Started by forsailbyowner, October 01, 2013, 06:02:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

forsailbyowner

So when I bought my sewing machine from Raphaels sewing machines in canada and it came with a half dozen needle packs. All along Ive been using 134/135r needles because thats what came with it. I ordered last time off the chart and found the machine is listed as 135x5 needle system which is quite a bit shorter in comparison and the hook misses the scarf completely. Is it possible that whoever timed the machine at Raphaels  just grabbed the wrong needles and timed it to work with them? Are there parts that could have been changed to alter the needle size? My first inclination is to time the machine using the correct needles just wondering how I got tuned for the different needle size.

lamx

According to the Allbrands website, 1901, 1955, SY1995, SY6790, and 134, 134R, 135X5, 135x7, DPX5 , DPx7, and DPx134 are all interchangeable. To me, "interchangeable" means you don't have to make any adjustment to your machine to switch from one to the other.  I have both 134 and 135x5 needles at home, I will compare later today. The only thing I can think is you got a package of needles that is incorrectly marked.

What machine do you have?

Ed

forsailbyowner

Ok I set the hook timing to coincide with the 135x5 needle and its sewing better than it ever did. The tuner at Raphaels must have been preoccupied when he set up this machine. To think all this time  :-[

Mike

Just think of all the fun you coulda been having