Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 04:19:49 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Swapping a clutch motor for a Servo

Started by DDandJ, September 26, 2013, 10:13:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

brmax

Raindodger I would go your route when i do this again, and Greg or Bob carry these types. Im curious as the torque or power at very slow speed you mentioned.
From some looking it looks the same as my 5000 with the added hall effect sensor, and different controler. i will say from stitch at a time to an experianced speed most here will use is the key to research.
Good Day

DDandJ

I called Toledo Sewing and they quoted me $185 for the servo with the needle positioner.  I thought that was a very reasonable price.  I told them I wanted to put it on my Bernina 950.  I don't think they were familiar with the machine, which is fine because I'm not ready to purchase the motor yet.  If all goes well with installing the servo on my Bernina I'll then get a second one for my Consew.

Thanks again everyone for your input.  I'm sure I'll be posting again when I purchase the motor and am ready to install it.

Jeremy

BigJohn

I'd have to agree with Mojo/ Chris: I think that 3 things are important, #1 Contact Bob Kovar, #2 Contact Bob Kovar, #3 Contact Bob Kovar!!!!!

DDandJ

John, Do you really think I should call Bob Kovar?  HA HA!!!