Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:37:56 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

No Big Deal, Just an Appendectomy

Started by jojo, September 17, 2013, 09:25:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

Here's what they say: "Oh, it's laparascopic surgery...small incision, no big deal." Yeah, right. This is my second day home and I feel like crap. I think I could've handled recovery much better if I were younger. Guess some of these jobs will just have to wait.

bobbin

Get outta here!  You had an appendectomy?  You  must've felt like crap beforehand, too!  Yeah, I'd say it was time to take a few days off... they have to push things around to find what they're going to take out and then they have to stitch things back into place. 

Put some new batteries in the remote and freshen your Netflix queue. 

SteveA

Feel better Friend !  -  hope the stitching was as good as yours or did they just use hog rings ?  Is this procedure covered under O'Bama Care or have you promised to barter your craft in trade ?

SA

Mike

get better jojo it really is lousy getting old

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

baileyuph

Hang in there Jojo, miss your input already. 

Doyle

Mojo

September 17, 2013, 09:06:50 pm #6 Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:08:01 pm by Mojo
Wow. Very uncommon for a middle aged person. It is typically gall bladders that
need to be yanked out. Feel better soon JoJo.

Getting old sucks. ( Just ask Dennis ).
You will be back to pouring piss from your boots in no time. :)

Chris

jojo

Thanks guys! Well geez, Mojo, now I feel stupid for complaining knowing what you've been through.
I'm feeling much better now. Yeah, the doctors were skeptical about appendicitis, and said it was probably gas. So I got my hopes up...until the tests came back. Oh well, one less thing to worry about now.
Back to work on Monday, meanwhile catching up on reading and tv. I honestly don't know how some people voluntarily sit on the couch all day.

JuneC

Oh now that sucks, big time.  Rest up - the sewing will wait.  

And what's all this getting "old" crap from you guys eh?  Sheesh   :o  

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mojo

Don't feel stupid. We all have our battles to fight. I hate to see someone sick or in pain.

Just glad everything came out OK for you. :)

Chris

Grebo

Any old excuse eh.   :D

Get well soon.

Suzi

Mike

September 19, 2013, 09:56:22 am #11 Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:06:07 am by Mike
I used to be the young guy june all of a sudden now kids 30 call me sir:(

Mojo

You know you have problems when the kids working at Mc'Donalds give you a senior discount without asking. :)

Chris

sofadoc

When I was a kid, young women called me "Darlin", "Sweetie", or "Honey". :-*
Then for the next 30 years, it was "Hey, watch it jerk!". Or "Move outta the way Buttface!" >:(

Now, I've reached the age where they're calling me "Darlin" again. :-*
Senility does have it's priviliges. ;D

BTW Get well Jojo. Those seams ain't gonna sew their self, ya know.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

they know your harmless again sofa :)og ya getting AARP info in the mail, that suxs too