Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:59:21 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Labor Day

Started by SteveA, September 02, 2013, 04:11:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

Today acknowledges every American worker and we are supposed to have the day off since it's a Holiday.  I know there are many here - me for one -  that will have a saw, drill, gun, or broom in their hands for a better part of the day.  Working with my hands as a tradesman amplifies the day for me so around 3pm I'll raise a glass to a group of folks here who share our work schedule.

SA

baileyuph

I understand the spirit and love of working with your hands Steve.  Count me in the same general group.  Plus, there is a little bit of thanksgiving in all this, I love the work plus am very thankful to be able to use my hands.  Haven't missed a lick throughout this great recession, grateful for that.

Doyle

bobbin

Working today, too!  There's a reason they call it "Labor Day", afterall.  ;)  Besides, why would I want to be "out" driving around with all the rest of humanity who has the day off?

baileyuph

September 02, 2013, 05:03:26 pm #3 Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:46:20 am by DB
Yes, I worked today and it was great to be able to unlock the shop and work with no interruptions.  I have this large account that provides me with large tractor (truck) seats  to rebuild and that is what I worked on.  Good therapy and good money, then at the end of the day, took my girl friend out for a barbecue, she loved it!

It was a great day!  Went through the patterning and sewing with precision that promised a great fit, and it did!  On this job, the bolster where driver slides in and out was chewed away, it needed a replacement bun but they aren't available.  Yep, you guessed it, had to find some strong foam (auto furniture's strongest isn't strong enough) carved the bolster and installed it.  The damage was not detectable.  When it went together, what went through my mind was "boy are you lucky, can't be that good"!!! LOL.

Hope your day was a great labor day!

Doyle

Mike

I did some work at my shop cleaning up I didn't want to go out with the yahoos
im also glad ive been with no lack of work all thought this  recession even got through a stroke and came back

brmax

Mike
I do have a question for ya, Just want to say from a pro "listener" here thanks for all your guys and gals input on the site here.
Sounds like you stay pretty busy, Rock On.  The ole shop walk can be as good as a coffee or smoke when i did, but now coffee and walk or probably no walk as it has to be reheated.

? whats the norm for stitch per inch on your trailering or mooring covers.
Thanks

Mike