Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 02:53:05 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

my first car customixed

Started by Mike, August 29, 2013, 08:19:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

this was my 1970 truck when I was 18   I didt all the customizing christmass wrapping the upholstery   added vega bucket seat in the cab that's a tv above the louvered cabinet I later added crushed volor cover 1" foam board to the camper walls and velor on the cab door panel I also removed the back window and the caps window cut the sheet metal doan and made a vinyl boot to seal the weather out so I could crawl back into the rear  from the cab   hey I was 18 and it was the 70s van craze

SteveA

It's a good thing you had the sky light to let the smoke out.  Must have been one of those early transformers - during the week it was a working vehicle and on the weekend it was a cultured meeting place ?
SA

Mike

Og there wasnt  any eirk inside you had to take your shoes ;) off in back 

baileyuph

custom vans, yes remember those but don't believe that I ever saw a pickup custom like that one Mike.  Lot's of work!  Huh?

I suppose times just change but the vans have gone away, they liked gas! 

Interesting, remember shag carpeting?

Doyle

ajlelectronics

Quote from: DB on August 30, 2013, 05:51:29 am
remember shag carpeting?

Only as a last resort surely? ;-) Those carpet burns sting!

Mike

I see a lot of truck around but rarely see any with the truck caps anymore either

MinUph

I did my chevy van back in the day. Wish I had pics of that. We had some really good times in that. Oh the days of sex drugs and rock and roll.

The van took me a week to do. velvet walls, tile floor, built in cabinets to fill the wheel well spaces, a dinette set converted to a bed, net of the ceiling with thinks I picked up my ice box and I was all set to go west. South first. I had my snow brush cruise control and had a ball for a few years.

When I'd get back I pulled the dinette set and back to work.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website