Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 09:22:34 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Windows in the bimini

Started by Grebo, June 03, 2013, 04:08:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

Haven't done these for a while  :-[
I was wondering if you had a picture yet Mike ?

Quote from: Mike8560 on June 17, 2011, 10:26:07 am
Sorry I've got no pic    Bht picture s 12"x12" square window
with 4 gromett in the canvas one at each corner
now make a canvas flap oversize 16"x16" sew. T
2 one side then have  a cord through 2 grometts running front to back and attached to the front corners of the flap the cord as they are pulled open and close the flap a barrell lock o. The cord will hold ir open or closed

I still hate them, but what the customer wants  ::).

Any new ideas. ?

Suzi

Mike

I did one last summer eithout string. Just wanted to reach out roll it up and secure with straps and snaps. Ive placed the wondow. Over on the inside too much easier to access.
Thing is i dont get many sailboats at all. There too frugal.
I has one come see me last week. Wanted a cocklit cushion. Closed cell foam eith a mesh cover and piping bolth sides.   Didnt want to spend $350

jojo

Quote from: Mike on June 03, 2013, 04:40:44 am
I has one come see me last week. Wanted a cocklit cushion. Closed cell foam eith a mesh cover and piping bolth sides.   Didnt want to spend $350

Mike, He'll be back after his wife tries to make it and gets confused by the bevel. Or cutting the foam. Or just the cost of foam.

Grebo

Quote from: jojo on June 03, 2013, 05:03:04 am
Quote from: Mike on June 03, 2013, 04:40:44 am

Mike, He'll be back after his wife tries to make it and gets confused by the bevel. Or cutting the foam. Or just the cost of foam.

:) 2 right.

I was thinking of doing the flap inside on this one, it's too difficult to reach over the top for an outside one.
I might even try the half moon ones with the zip  :-\ I am not keen on Velcro, I just emailed the punter see if he's got a preference.

Suzi