Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 05:09:33 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Seat

Started by SteveA, May 31, 2013, 03:56:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

Hello

This is the seat where I was going to try and stiffen the springs.  Change of plan, I re did it all. New webbing,
retied springs and will put new cushion.  The springs weren't soft - rather the webbing and filling was not doing the job.  The old filling was straw and horse hair woven and sewed into a burlap wrapped cushion.  I'm going to fill the voids around the springs with padding and use a new 2 in. foam cushion wrapped in Dacron.  Should I cut the cushion full out or 1/2 less for the Dacron layer. Would you bevel the top of the cushion.  Also any other observations or critique is appreciated.  Thank You
SA

sofadoc

I would lean more towards letting the foam extend beyond the frame a little. You can pull the Dacron down tight to simulate the 'beveled edge' look.

I can't tell by the small pic...........how did you attach the coil springs to the webbing?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

SteveA

I sewed it with strong twine - the base of the springs to the webbing -

Thanks,
SA