Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 31, 2024, 07:26:56 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Liability insurance

Started by jsquail, March 21, 2013, 10:08:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jsquail

Im trying to find a insurance carrier for liability insurance for my canvas company. I seem to be running into walls at almost every turn. As soon as you mention "Marine Canvas" they cringe and either cant insure you OR its astronomical in price  per year. Anyone have any suggestions of which companies I should call or how to approach them?

thanks!
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

Joys Shop

These people insure my upholstery shop

I don't know if there is a differnce with a canvas shop

James Unland & Company, Inc
2211 Broadway
Pekin, Il 61554-3945

309-347-2177

Mike

I havnt had trouble  my agent kniws the company I don't remember the name but its about 1000

JDUpholstery

I haven't had a problem, I have my building coverage, garage keepers insurance (covers damage to boats/cars left in my shop) and liability lumped together and pay like 120 a month...of course every state is different and every insurance company has different underwriting guidelines based on their own risk analysis of companies they have insured in the past and it could be in your area the canvas companies have had a lot of claims....I hope you find something affordable, just be careful with insurance affordable isnt always good, read everything thoroughly because it might not be the greatest coverage