Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 03:19:19 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Am I Correct in Assuming ??

Started by Mojo, March 20, 2013, 08:08:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Something I have noticed is that few on here take long vacations. Or am I completely wrong ?

I believe Gene took one recently to NYC or was it Dennis ? Just wondering if anyone else does. I am feeling very guilty taking the month of July off. My mother in law is coming from Australia to stay with us for 2 months and we are loading up the Bus and taking off on a 3,000 mile journey. I love having my MIL here as she treats me like a King.

I will be gone for three weeks in May to attend rally's and a national convention. It was pretty exhausting last year and I only did a week. This year I am doing back to back rally's with four seminars to perform plus a booth and probably 30 - 50 inspections in between. It will be a three week trip for me. Thankfully my cousin is flying in to work the booth for me again. She rocked it last year for me dazzling everyone with her Southern charm and sold out all of my 303 products, carpet runners and other things I make for coaches.

I am going to need this July vacation. Is anyone else planning some off time this summer ?

Chris

sofadoc

I took a long Labor Day weekend in NYC. I do a few long weekends somewhere every year.
I've done a few 7 day Carnival cruises (but something tells me that I should lay off those for a while ;)).

7 days is about all the vacation I can stand. I'm always ready to get back to work.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

scottymc

Me and the Missus took 10 weeks last year to go to NW Australia, we try to get away for 2 months over winter as it gets real bleak. Will be staying home this year as we are saving for a new caravan, but will be heading out into the desert for a few months next year. Load the bus up guilt free Chris, work will always be there when you get back.

Mike

March 21, 2013, 01:31:05 am #3 Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 01:39:03 am by Mike
I started this in 91along with having a small bait shop on a northern lake so I worked 7 days a week and sold bait in winter , until 2002 I bought a winnibago and hooked up my motorcycle trailer closed shop and came to florida for December  and came home too early in febuary  
2003 I did it again and moved here in the spring 2004, where its been all go sence but not 7 days a week anymore, and slowly less hours each week

were ya headed in july?

Mojo

Mike: We are heading to Arkansas for a few days to attend a family reunion and I can do some geneology research. Then off to Michigan to see the grandkids and my son. Then over to Richmond, VA to see the daughter, then to Williamsburg for some touring of the area, then to VA beach for some R & R, then to Kitty Hawk/Cape Hatteras for more R & R and to visit with close friends then back home to FL.

Scotty: camping in the desert ??? With King Browns and Adders ??? Good gawd cobber. That sounds scary. :)

Dennis: They allowed a Texan in NYC ? My advice is to avoid carnival. Your 7 day cruise may turn into a two week nightmare. :)

Chris

gene

No one on their death bed ever says they wished they had spent more time sitting at the sewing machine.

I recently told a customer, jokingly, that I was going to spend next winter in Florida. She started screaming at me that I can't do that. LOL

I've got 719,221 more sofas to reupholster and then I will be able to retire.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

mike802

My wife and I would love a nice long vacation, three week minimum, we both need it.  For the last two years we have been working on building our bus and I have been taking working vacations to speed up the process.  Because of the push to finish this project I let other things go around the house that I needed to tend to, so I did'nt get much accomplished on the bus this winter.  My father left for his yearly RV trip to the Carolinas, maybe next year my bus will be ready enough so we can go with him.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

Mike

March 21, 2013, 07:43:11 am #7 Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:43:51 am by Mike
Quote from: Mojo on March 21, 2013, 05:17:36 am

Scotty: camping in the desert ??? With King Browns and Adders ??? Good gawd cobber. That sounds scary. :)

Chris
my folks used to have a trunk and camper.
when I was 10 we moved from CA to MA and went in the camper across the usa.
stoping one night at the side of the road in the desert,. my mither spent the night at the backdoor holding it tight while coyotes howled all night I slept fine

west coast

After doing this for 40 years and still have many more to go I now take holidays in the summer and at Christmas. I always worked while the staff got their holidays sick days family days and all the other days they took off but not anymore. Three weeks in July and 10 days at Christmas is the minimum now.

scottymc

Na mate, it's winter. No snakes, no flies and no mice. The snakes out there are non aggressive, not like the tigers where I live. 

Mike

I did a odd jod today chris a set of motorcoach front window screens.
I gave hom your card if his slide topper get bad. Its ok he has a desiel.

baileyuph

Mike: We are heading to Arkansas for a few days to attend a family reunion

Chris, going to where in Arkansas?  The Ozarks are beautiful there, might still be winter there now, however.  Our spring is late getting into that area and the midwest.  I don't mean I wouldn't go there, it won't be like real bad winter stuff.  Just sweater weather.

Doyle

Mike

Quote from: Mojo on March 20, 2013, 08:08:50 pm
I am feeling very guilty taking the month of July off.

I am going to need this July vacation.

Doyle  hope its not sweater weather in july

Mojo

Quote from: DB on March 22, 2013, 05:26:26 pm
Mike: We are heading to Arkansas for a few days to attend a family reunion

Chris, going to where in Arkansas?  The Ozarks are beautiful there, might still be winter there now, however.  Our spring is late getting into that area and the midwest.  I don't mean I wouldn't go there, it won't be like real bad winter stuff.  Just sweater weather.

Doyle

My family is all in Joneboro/Paragould area. My Grandmother was born and raised in a little tiny village called Marmaduke. My Grandfather was born and raised across the Border in Seneth, MO. I doubt we will have time to head towards the western part. I have been through there though and your right, the Ozarks are gorgeous.

Chris