Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 02:25:59 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

the rush is on again

Started by Mike, February 19, 2013, 06:24:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

February 21, 2013, 06:03:32 pm #15 Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:06:16 pm by Mike
Thats good regal. I really didnt get much till may.  I used to run a sale in march get boat dug out of the snow in the backyards.  Id get salmon foshermen. Looking for enclosurs for salmon fishi g april 1st.

It took getting used to being so backwards here. Now i slow down in summer usualy just enough to get by and quit early and go out fishing. 

timtheboatguy

I am up to my ears in boat seats, covers and recarpet jobs! When I did only motor work, I would get very little work over the winter, don't understand it. Perhaps the folks that would have been buying new boats are opting to fix up rather than a payment book???

Not complaining, it's good to be busy, and the more work I do the better and faster I get; however the better and faster come very slowly.
http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

Darren Henry

QuoteI used to run a sale in march get boat dug out of the snow in the backyards.

I used to advertise in fall offering a free place to store their boats if I worked on them over the winter. I didn't do the winterizing ---just a spot to leave them at my shop,but that in it's self was a deal around Kenora.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

forsailbyowner

Feast or famine seems to be the nature of this game. I was working on my boat running low on funds, I went to do a small cover for a towing service and landed 3 jobs while I was lacing the cover on. I should pay him for working in his yard lol. Then today I looked at and got complete canvas and upholstery on a 52' sportfisherman. Wow all the sudden I'm booked solid for months. 

Mike

foresakle post a pic when done I don't see too many sportfish. though I did barter some canvas and upholstery on a classic Bertram for my Larson bowrider.  but thaTS HOW I GO TOO ALMOST CAUGHT A FEW weeks ago (tomorrow I have to go install the 408 neridian enclosure going to be cold too)  then in backed up. ive got a lot of small jobs linwd up you know 3 daqy job covers that I couild be happy doing back tp back that donnt tie up my time   

scarab29

I'm slow in the shop but the quotes are out there. We need a week of nice weather and the peeps will be coming out of hibernation. Over 70 g in estimates for sandy damage on boats ! Wrote 12 g yesterday. If it all came in I'd be screwed but i'm sure I'll get some once the checks are in. Nor easter for tomorrow so maybe the spring thaw next week? ???
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Mike

storm money is good scarab :P

when I left florida  well I got on the net around 98 and started looking at florida mls's and home prices compared to new Hampshire. so that what set me to move eventually I sold my lake house abd moved here with a trailer to work out of I didn't know how long id have to go bofore I ot work so I saved ny cash and bought a house off the water  4 months later hurricane charley blew in charlotte harbor and I was busy as a one armed paper hanger  had I known id have made other decisions .

Mike

Juzt got 2 more jobs todAy. Im prety full through april now.
Ill never get to go fishing.

Mike

March 07, 2013, 12:44:45 pm #23 Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:53:30 am by Mike
Its good though all smLlish job that dont take a ton of time.

forsailbyowner

I fired real quick when I was contracting construction. When I bid the jobs it became clear  fast when I was working to pay an employees wage that he wasn't earning himself.

scarab29

I got one like that right now. At least til the end of the week.
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Mike

One more on the books this afternoon.