Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 08, 2024, 01:15:48 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Valentines' Day

Started by gene, February 14, 2013, 03:29:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

February 14, 2013, 03:29:32 pm Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 04:50:51 pm by gene
 ;D
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

when I was in grade school in California all the kid would pass out cards.
wed get a box of cards at the 5&10  comical kids cards and we went down each row of desks ans put a card on each desk . pretty dumb thinking back

bobbin

Move on, Gene.  Or at least cut to the chase and specify your agenda.  This post is not "funny" and sure wouldn't pass the "National Lampoon" test.  (ever read that classic magazine?)

Today, two of my very dearest friends disclosed their intent to marry.  They happen to be gay and they've been together for more years than many of my "hetero" friends have. 

You are definitely capable of being funny, but more often than not you fall woefully short of the mark.  Jus' sayin'. 

gene

Hey bobbin,

Stay off my posts and I'll stay off your posts. If you don't like my humor, just stay away.

I deleted my comments because my intent on this forum is not to upset people, and it certainly is not to waste my time farting around with trolls like you.

It's humor. Just because you don't find it funny does not mean that there is a hidden agenda in it. It's humor.

You clearly see hidden agendas in everything.

Stay off my posts and I will stay off your posts. Life really can be that easy.

gene

Mike

February 15, 2013, 05:51:45 am #4 Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 06:08:31 am by Mike
I did t find trouble with it.
I would expect anyone to tell me happy valetines day.
I did get a comment jokinly from the lady at the window when i got. Coffee at mcdonalds
About what no flowers or candy.

But then again it was hard to grt used to sll the ladies down south. Calling me sweetie at the drive up.

gene

Mike,

I don't know why, but I call little dogs "sweetie". I was at a lady's house looking at her furniture. We said good-bye and as I turned to leave I bent over and petted her little dog. I said "Good-bye sweetie" to the dog.

Out of my peripheral vision I saw the lady's head turn around real quickly. I think she thought I was saying that to her.

gene

Mike

Lol.
Ya i get here sweete. Or honey sll the time here. Although i wonder how it would go oblver if
In tirn handsd the mone and went here you go honey.

sofadoc

Quote from: Mike on February 15, 2013, 04:14:38 pm
Although i wonder how it would go oblver if
In tirn handsd the mone and went here you go honey.
I've often wondered that myself. Young girls at the drive-up call me sweetie all the time. If I were to call one of them that, I'd be a dirty old man. :P

When I'm in a customer's house, I always refer to their dog as "Killer".
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

February 15, 2013, 05:40:51 pm #8 Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 06:00:38 pm by kodydog
My wife and I used to do dog therapy at local nursing homes. You pass a test and then your allowed to bring your dog in to visit the people residing there. My favorite resident was an old black lady who truly enjoyed my visits with my German Shepherd. With a big ole smile on her face she would call him "baby". That is now the name I give all my customers dogs, and I always think of her when I say, "hello baby" while I pat there head.

Happy Valentines all. 4 weeks ago my wife started a new job working for the state. I sent her a dozen roses. Because we always worked together this is the first time in 25 years I could send her flowers to her workplace. When they delivered them she asked, who are those for? I think she was surprised.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

February 16, 2013, 06:36:12 am #9 Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 06:37:43 am by gene
I hate to get off topic, but dog therapy is an awesome thing.

When my father-in-law and mother-in-law were in nursing homes we would take our yellow lab (not trained in dog therapy) to visit them. Our dog would love the attention he would get and it was amazing to see everyone, all the old folks perk up when he would go up to them.

Everyone in the place thought our dog was loving on them. I think our dog was just checking their wheelchairs for food crumbs.  :D

I have had a few customers who went through the training for dog therapy. One lady had three dogs and she said when she gets home from having taken a dog to a nursing home that dog will sleep the rest of the day - totally worn out.

It does seem that German Sheppards and Labradors are used more for dog therapy.

If I'm not in a nursing home myself by the time I retire, this is certainly something my wife and I would be interested in getting involved in.

gene

sofadoc

Any time the subject of a pooch comes up, the topic at hand gets veered straight into the ditch.

My dog, 'George' greets everyone when they enter my shop. He's a 25lb. Shih-Tsu/mix.
Almost without fail, the first words out of every customer's mouth is always "Wel-l-l-l, I see that you've got your GUARD DAWG.......heh-heh."

I always fake a laugh, and act as if I've never heard that one before. ::)

Then they usually say "Oh, he probably smells MY dog on me".  No, he probably just smells your crotch on you.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

February 16, 2013, 05:03:09 pm #11 Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 05:23:52 pm by kodydog
Quote from: gene on February 16, 2013, 06:36:12 am
I hate to get off topic, but dog therapy is an awesome thing.

It does seem that German Sheppards and Labradors are used more for dog therapy.
gene

Gene, you started this thread. You can steer it in any direction you want.

Some residents were leery of my German Shepherd.  But my Lab was another story. One day we visited a man in his room who seemed totally disinterested in the whole affair. So we moved on to other rooms. As we were leaving the man came out with a balled up sock and threw it down the hallway. Of course I had to let the leash go as the dog retrieved it and brought it back to him. When we left the man had a big old smile on his face and asked to make sure we visit again.

Imagine living your whole life around dogs and suddenly find yourself, dogless, in a nursing home. Unbearable.

Sometimes the nurses would be amazed at residents who had been responsless for months. The dog would stick his muzzle under there hand and slowly they would pet his head.

If you ever get a chance to preform this service you will feel greatly rewarded.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Darren Henry

QuoteImagine living your whole life around dogs and suddenly find yourself, dogless, in a nursing home. Unbearable.

They say there are no atheists in fox holes. I can't imagine any "pet haters" in an old folks home,whether they have had a dog or not.

You exist in a little cubicle (possibly with a room mate chosen for you), most of your friends are dead, if your lucky your children have not taken jobs out of province/state and drop by for an hour a week, and entertainment consist of watching some TV show that some body else chose and you can't hear. Now along comes another being wanting to share unconditional love and spent time with you.It's like handing out free air conditioners in ---Haites.

Quote"Oh, he probably smells MY dog on me"

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss that Dennis. I've seen a change in the way other peoples dogs react to me since I had to put Buddy down. With my voice, they take one sniff and decide I'm not a "dog person" and stand off. Most will eventually come around once they realize I always sound like that , but it was alot quicker when Buddy was still here.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

wadaya sound like a crazy grump  :Pa

Darren Henry

No; a grumpy fog horn  :P
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!