Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:27:29 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

got my machine back today (Solarfix!!)

Started by Mike, January 12, 2013, 01:27:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

January 12, 2013, 01:27:38 pm Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 07:10:10 pm by MikeM8560
 :P and its running sweet! nice old retired guy named Otto  been doing repairs for 60 years.
I tried it with some black poly and then some sample spool of solarfix white  sews perfectly with no adjustments

JuneC

Woot!  I don't know what's the best part of that story - the machine working as it should or the finding of a REAL sewing machine mechanic in Florida.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

im going to bring my other singer to him too. quick also turnaround also I found him on a spartphone search app in ft myers.  like you said cant find any

Otto Tonti's Repairs

Not Rated Not Rated 
4329 New St, Fort Myers, FL 33905

(239) 694-6020

Mojo

Mike:

Great news. As you and I discussed off the forum, it seems that many of the issues people are having with PTFE thread centers around Tenara. No idea why. I know it is a good thread though I have never used it before. MiamiMike got me started on Solarfix and my machine loves the stuff. Sews it like a dream.

I know Tenara and Solarfix are both PTFE threads but why people have issues with Tenara and not Solarfix is something I have no answer for. The only thing I can think of is the problem maybe be in the twist of the Tenara.

Glad you got your machine up and going and it is working great.

Chris

Mike

the tenara used to be a single strand , I think that's were the problems came in nnot they have twisted strands like the solarfix.

R.A.F. CaNvAs

Nice 1 Mike,  Your ol'machine lives on, stick with it ...New ones suck !
   Been fkn about  with PTFE threads for some time now (Years)
   On all sorts of machines on a few different continents.
     I concur with your good self  on the Solarfix product ,
    Although denier is something for professional discussion ...
    Thinner Monofil (1300ish)  or thicker braided (2500ish)
    Depends on how deeper groove you would like to wear around your tension pegs.
   Top-loading Singer/Seiko/Juki as opposed to sideloading Consew/ Sieko/ K6 Singer
    It's all fun and games getting to know what works well with what.
Anyhow, good to know there are still some decent machine mechanix out there.
:-\

sofadoc

Quote from: JuneC on January 12, 2013, 06:33:08 pm
Woot!  I don't know what's the best part of that story - the machine working as it should or the finding of a REAL sewing machine mechanic in Florida.
It ain't just Florida. They're getting harder to find everywhere. The frustrating thing is that even when you finally find one, you may not need him again for years. By the time you do, he's gone.   
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

Thats why i want to have him look at my other 2 before long