Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 09:30:02 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Florida

Started by otlass, January 01, 2013, 08:50:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Quote from: Mojo on January 03, 2013, 08:56:25 am
The funny thing is that I can count 3 or 4 of these little strip malls that have vacancy rates of
80 %. They wont lower their rents and the word I got was that the corporate owners ( read huge companies ) leave them vacant as tax write offs.
We have a lot of buildings like that around here that are owned by bail bondsmen.
They can put up a $30K building as security for a $300K bond. And they're probably getting the tax write-off too.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Darren Henry

Here that is old service stations. I can think of half a dozen off the top of my head that find it cheaper to leave them vacant than to risk any enviro issues to sell them.Or maybe they too are right offs to the head office.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

Darren:

My Godfather owned a few of those properties. They let them set and used them as write offs. The reason being is if they sold them the new owners before signing the papers would have to drill test holes to look for contamination.

Almost all old gas stations had or have leaky fuel tanks. So instead of opening up a big can of worms they let them sit and rot and write them off each year.

Chris

Kathy0701

Hey Paul,

We were just in Tarpon last month, and will be again in March.  I'll stop in to say hello!  We stay in Crystal Beach and ride our bikes to Tarpon Springs all the time :) 

Kathy

MinUph

Quote from: Kathy0701 on January 03, 2013, 04:51:12 pm
Hey Paul,

We were just in Tarpon last month, and will be again in March.  I'll stop in to say hello!  We stay in Crystal Beach and ride our bikes to Tarpon Springs all the time :) 

Kathy

Please do Kathy, 120 S. Ring Ave. Just off Tarpon ave downtown.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

otlass

Mojo,
Where is up here? I don`t know where you guys all are, it seems to me Paul is north of Tampa and Mike is south.
Thanks

Mike

mojo is north of tampa near paul

Mojo

Paul and I live 5 miles from one another. We are 45 miles North of Tampa near the Suncoast Parkway and Hwy 50. Paul is in Springhill and I am in Brooksville.

Chris

marko69

Well.....we outta have us an upholstery party sometime.  I'm in Brandon, just east of Tampa.

Mojo

There are several of us here in Florida. I believe there are more members here from Florida then from other States. I think it would be a great idea, have a get together in the summer when everyone is slow.

I am sure we could find a central location that is convenient for everyone.

Chris

Mike

Te other florida folks is Kodydog on the east side near St Augustine. JuneC  near boca Ration me west coast on charlotte harbor and doug at Creative canvas in my county.

Darren Henry

January 06, 2013, 08:26:49 am #26 Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:49:40 am by Darren Henry
QuoteI'm in Brandon, just east of Tampa.

I'm in Brandon as well; except that  my Brandon is just east of the Saskatchewan border in Manitoba.  8) Baring a lotto score I think I'll have to pass on the BBQ and BullShoot. Too bad---I'm sure it will be a blast.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

RiCat

Hello otlass. If you relocate....welcome to Florida. I am a bonified "Cracker" living here all my life. I am in the Spring Hill area of Florida also (having relocated the business here in 08). I was in N. Tampa for 20 yrs at one location. Feel free to call (contact info is on the website) if you want. Hope things work out for you....

Rick

Mojo

Rick:

Your in Springhill as well ?

Chris

otlass

Hi Rick and everyone, Thanks Rick I will give you a call the next few days, hopefully I can meet all of you soon and have a brew together.