Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 07:20:21 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Thank god

Started by Mike, December 03, 2012, 02:58:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

What anday im somglar its over. First. Installed somemseat i did o er the weekend for a 18 larson did take long 1/2hr maybe took the check to yhe bsnk that was packed with snowbirds in line. Then i had to run across the county to make a home indurace payment in time. I got there eith cash.  Cant take cash and my bank cano neither only a check was going to  work wich i dd t have and had to drive home about 20 miles and drive back all the time fighting snowbitds on the road. I did stop and try a. Ew resteraunt about 230 and had some great. NEw england clams.   So that was it done working and. Ut some tiles for my room im working on tiling nowall cut on the edge i just have to adheare them tomorow rhen grout the next.
The traffic and resteraunts are getting real crazy after christmas there all be here.

Mojo

I feel your brain brother. I hate this time of year. The roads are congested, the restaurants packed and on waits, Wal mart is packed and you take your life in your hands walking through parking lots or driving on the roads.

I talked to a business owner who I think had the right idea " come on down seniors, spend all your money then get the hell out and go home please ". :)

Alot of businesses make 60 - 70 % of their annual revenue in just a few months down here. You always know which businesses are good at managing cash flow. The ones who make a killing will blow it all and when the snowbirds go home they are broke and close up and go out of business when the summer months come around.

I have a love hate relationship with the Q-Tips ( seniors ). I love the business but hate the congestion and rat race they create.

Chris

Mike

I get a lot from them also but sometimes I hate it they come and go I want to finnish a boat and there all in there backyards. I have access but when im done there out of town a lot or contract just before they leave in the spring and I like to see the finaly payment when I walk away but you have to wait for them to put the check in the mail. I did get a account with square just in case ive only used it once this spring

JuneC

Quote from: MikeM8560 on December 03, 2012, 02:58:38 pm
I got there eith cash.  Cant take cash ...

I thought there was some sort of law on the books that cash is good for ALL debts.  Am I mis-remembering?

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

December 03, 2012, 06:37:47 pm #4 Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:39:57 pm by MikeM8560
ya my agent wanted my routing number to send the money to citizens. I don't know why they couldn't take the cash and use there acount

Darren Henry

How many people are we talking about? Kenora has a permanent population of about 15,500 and a summer population of around 110,000.The town gets congested but it's the lake that gets scary.All those big boats running back and forth to camp and only 1 in 5 observe the "rules of the road" or trim their boats out so they can see over the bow and reduce their wake to anything under 6 feet.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

sofadoc

Quote from: JuneC on December 03, 2012, 06:27:27 pm
Quote from: MikeM8560 on December 03, 2012, 02:58:38 pm
I got there eith cash.  Cant take cash ...

I thought there was some sort of law on the books that cash is good for ALL debts.  Am I mis-remembering?

June
It's not that they can't take cash. They're just too lazy to. If they took cash, then they would have to get up off their dead rear ends and drive to the bank to make a deposit.

Years ago (before we could all make payments online), I was taking my insurance payments (check) to my local agent's office on or before the due date. He would take my payment, lick a stamp, and mail it to the main office. Which would've been fine if he had entered my payment into their system, but that would've involved slight physical exertion. Of course, it didn't arrive at the main office in time, so the carrier would issue a cancellation notice to my mortgage company. The mortgage company would immediately attach their own policy to my note, and debit my checking account.

While they could do all this in a nanosecond at 12:01 AM on the day my policy "lapsed", for some reason it took them 2-3 weeks to reverse it when my "late" payment showed up. Actually, they had no intention of reversing anything, unless I nagged, hounded, and badgered them. 

Funny how diligence always seems to be a one-way street.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

December 04, 2012, 02:39:52 pm #7 Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:42:31 pm by MikeM8560
Darren us senses show a population of
Population, 2011 estimate   160,511  I suspose that may include winter also

I cant find a summer full time resident data

Darren Henry

I'm guessing that your census people came up with that figure from tax records etc... so that is probably your summer population of permanent residents. At least most of the snow birds I've talked to just rent a trailer or RV; nothing permanent enough to be on any tax rolls etc...
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

oh theres manyh home here owned by snowbirds from up north even some english and germans .
the lawn maintenance cuy atay busy all summer cutting grass.

Mojo

The Brit's buy alot of homes here. They bring their over inflated Euros as payment. :) We have Brit friends that own two homes in the Villages, a development by Ocala.

I have met several Germans here to. Most come and go staying for 90 days at a time.

Chris