Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 08:18:05 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Dear Santa - All I want For Christmas is ....

Started by Mojo, November 30, 2012, 06:17:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I had all of my uppers pulled yesterday. The chemo rotted them out and I was getting constant infections so the oncologist ordered them all to be pulled. Thankfully they knocked me out and the Oral surgeon went to work. Woke up and it was all over. I was a little upset he didn't save my teeth for me to put under my pillow. I could have made a fortune I had so many. :)

My boss ( the wife unit ) ordered me to lay in bed and watch movies today. Yeah right. I am heading to the shop in a minute to get a start on kicking out two orders. Surprisingly I feel pretty good ( thank you Vicodin ) and have no bleeding issues.

When I die I want to come back as an Oral surgeon. This hack charged me $ 2,000 to remove my uppers ( took him 45 minutes ). After the first of the year he is removing my bottom teeth. Another $ 2,000. This does not include the dentures which cost $ 3,200. So total cost is $ 7,200 for a set of falsies.

I should have just called Dennis and Mike. They could have poured a fifth of Jack Daniels down me, got out their pliars and go to work. They probably would have done the job for a
$ 100 each and lunch at Hooters. :) I could have had Mike802 carve me a nice set of teeth as well. :) June could have done all the after surgery stitching. I would trust her more then you other guys. Darren would have sewed my lips shut. :) Paul would have been a great supervisor and kept ya'll in line.

Awesome pain killers and am Backatit and doing well. To the shop I go.  :o   ;D

Chris

Mojo

I would need to change the words to say " all my teeth " but it is very fitting. What an adorable little girl. :)

Enjoy:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI02_UJ1C6I

Chris

SHHR

Chris, I realize you're probably stitched up, but a few years ago after some oral surgury to remove a badly impacted wisdom tooth that required removing an upper molar in front of it too, I was feeling no pain either with the Lortabs I was on and went right out to work. Even though I wasn't overly active, the added blood pressure and movement popped out the blood clot and I had a dry socket to deal with for about two months. All I can say is "HORRIBLE PAIN" that the lortabs barely took the edge off of! Take it easy for awhile and heal up some.
Kyle

sofadoc

Quote from: Mojo on November 30, 2012, 06:17:04 am
I should have just called Dennis and Mike. They could have poured a fifth of Jack Daniels down me, got out their pliars and go to work. They probably would have done the job for a
$ 100 each and lunch at Hooters.
I don't know about Mike, but all I would've needed is my rawhide mallet.

Just hit you on the back of the head.......take your wallet........and go to Hooters. ;D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Darren Henry

I'm all over Dennis' plan like ravens on road kill---BUT---Bro's before who's.  :o I would offer my expertise as an advanced artillery tech. to ensure that Chris landed on the parking curb at Hooters. (insurance job from there ,right?) and my Sargeant Major-ism  to ensure we all showed up in a timely manner and got to heck out of there before the meat heads showed up.

8) Otherwise how could we tease him with jerky/peanuts/all the other stuff that would sustain him till he got over hospital food? :P

psst My teeth are so fallen out that I can only chew in one corner; so I feel for you Chris. Be thankful that you are in a position to have this done. My cousin (out in Calgary,Alberta) went to L.A for a 2-3 year course after he became an oral surgeon because the next course wasn't even offered in this country,and I have to wait for them to rot out one by one.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

sofadoc

I got my lower falsies a few months ago (my uppers are still factory original). I'm having to learn to pronounce words with S's all over again.
I've already had a couple of "senior moments", where I made it all the way downtown to my shop before realizing I forgot my teeth.

Chris: I can't believe your already back to work. I was a big ole titty baby. I barely got anything done for nearly 2 weeks.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

I have had a great day. The woman threatened me with great bodily harm and my Canadian Doc buddy who lives on our property during the winter showed up and told me not to be in the shop.

So I did some little projects in the house like wiring the speakers on our entertainment center, Vacc'ing the floor and then I called the hooters girls over and we had a bobbin winding party. I wound enough bobbins for two months I believe.

Kyle: I cannot get a dry socket because I have no sockets. They were sealed up and my entire upper gum line is all stitched and closed over.

Dennis: I get my lowers next year sometime. I am getting partials actually. They are leaving the canines in and the lower will slip over those and act as an anchor. I too am having problems pronouncing " S's ". I have a pretty good lisp now.

Darren: I am not sure I would want you around. You Canadian artillery folks are a different lot. Ya'll scare me. :)

I love those bobbin winding parties. To bad you guys missed it. :)

http://throgmartin.com/Photos/Chris/Chris%20Hooters%204%202008.jpg

Chris

JuneC

Quote from: Mojo on November 30, 2012, 06:17:04 am
June could have done all the after surgery stitching. I would trust her more then you other guys.
Chris

Oh poo....  I woudda been right there with my sailor's palm and my button tufting needle.  I've got a 14-incher, ya know (or maybe it 16 inch - in any case, I'm sure it would have been big enough).  ;D  We could've wound bobbins just for fun afterwards!

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mojo

Mike

shouda called me chris ive had experience e reciently wiring the same thing.i just got a 60"lcd and a surround sound and the past owner had wires allset for ceiling mounted speakers running in the attic but one wire the longest run had been moved b
installing a new air handler. so I had to get my gut through the little access hole and crawl into a 4' attic to move it 

Mojo

Kyle:

You are correct. My wife did say that I can still get a dry socket despite it being sutured closed. So lets hope it doesnt happen. I heard the pain is excruciating. :)

Don't forget to let your wife know you were right about something this week. It rarely happens when we are right ( in their eyes anyways ).

Chris