Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 02:43:34 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Pfaff Repair in Phoenix

Started by BigJohn, November 29, 2012, 06:56:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohn

My 1245 Pfaff is out of time and I'm looking for someone in the West Valley of the greater Phoenix Area to do repairs, anyone have a name and number?

Big John (and getting bigger)

Eric

November 29, 2012, 07:06:41 pm #1 Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 07:07:46 pm by Eric
Irv Wilke (Four14-25four-3528) (800-932-0507) He works for Henderson sewing machine.
He repairs my machines for me. However he lives in a
Arizona.
Give him a call.
Eric

zanepurcell

big john, how handy are you? You could probably do it yourself. what are your symptoms?

Darren Henry

If it's only timing ; I'm with Zane. No disrespect to our two machine gurus on here, but out here in the sticks , that is just operator maintenance.

If you've been so unfortunate as to throw the feed dogs out as well ---then it warrants their talents. If it is just the hook/needle alignment---we should be able to get you to get you going in short order.

The machine is irrelevant. A has to be here when B gets to there with C in this position. We'll find the set screws to adjust that equation. 
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

John:

if you have a few mechanical skills then give Bob a call and see what he says. I am not sure about Pfaffs but I time my Juki and Chandler myself. It is a very straight forward job. Bob talked me through the first time over the phone. After that I was good to go.

Give Bob a call and see what he says. You know him well so I am sure he will help you out.

Chris

BigJohn

I timed my old Singer using over the phone instructions from Bob Kovar and Son, and I may just try it again. I only wish I was within reasonable driving distance to Bobs shop, I'm sure he'd have me in and out in minutes! It looks like I'm going to have to mothball the Pfaff for a while as I concentrate on some remodeling, decorating, and landscaping projects around the new house. I've been taking advantage of readily available day laborer's available at the local "hiring corner" just down the street from the Home Depot. My next project is installing a new drip irrigation system in anticipation of planting palms, cactus, shrubs and ground cover in my bare back yard along with a small patch of irrigated grass for my Terrier "Rosie".