Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 06:32:15 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Taxes / Fee's & Other Government Bleeding

Started by Mojo, November 09, 2012, 09:35:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

I have neighbors who worked hard all their lives. He worked two jobs most of his adult life and they made good investments with the money they earned. Together they pull down $100,000/ year in retirement. They bought an infrared sauna. Cost around $3000. She convinced her doctor to write a prescription and had medicare pay for it. They used it for 5 weeks and it has now sat idle for 6 months. They will either sell it cheep or give it away. Is this abuse or is it entitlement? They hate government waist. Except when it comes to them.

I have no qualms helping people who are down and out. Sometimes life kicks you in the ass and a little help goes a long way. Its the people who abuse and manipulate the system who ruin it for others.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

JDUpholstery

That is part of the problem Kody, people do that all the time....When I was still in a wheel chair, my therapists and doctors would constantly tell me I should get an electric chair...I would not do it, I was perfectly happy with my manual one that cost less than a grand, why would I need a 3 grand chair, when my arms still worked fine.... I have and use medicare, but I also do not go to the doctor often, unless I have a true need, I don't get excessive medical equipment or modifications to my home on taxpayer dollars....many times if I need it I buy it, unless it is something I just cannot afford....

unless someone fixes the current abuse of these programs, which are important programs if used properly, we will continue the downward slide.

baileyuph

Also, JD by working the chair with your own arms is part of why you are able to do what you do now.  "Can do attitude"!!

Good for you,

Doyle

Mike

this post made me think my dad 20 plus years ago was I a accident and paralyzed  in a wheel chair he had to be gitten up about 30 stair to get into my house he was a navy vet in the atomic tests in the 50s and vbecause of that half his shipmate got cancer he got full va coverage and they paid for him to have a new deck and elevator built cheaply  we had one welded up and me and my brother built the deck and stairs
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/A78BE40C-ED29-4FFC-8B21-680E44C7EBC5-1057-0000016F6DD6E05D.jpg

sitting at home he started playing with my mothers old sewing maching that when he decided to try making a new top for his boat and ended up renting a little shop space to sew repair ect and then cover that id stop aftert work and ended up helpoinmg as he couldn't get on the boat that's how I ended up a canvas man by accident  . anyway the va got him scooters and that what killed him I came home one day here to find him and the scooter in the pool he had a bad habbit of not turning off the scooter just stopping and probly fel asleep and hit the lever.