Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 04:35:15 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Thank God

Started by Mojo, November 07, 2012, 04:41:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

No more political ad,s phone calls and mailings.

So glad this election is over..............

Now we can get back to living. Hooters, here I come.......:)

Chris

Mike

I was getting up go 2 calls a day for surveys.

I aprove this message

Allan

You guys think you were swamped
Everytime you turned the tv on here in OZ it was the US elections too
And we don't even get to vote

Allan

Mojo

I had to laugh after reading an article. The entire world celebrated Obama winning.
Much different picture here at home in the USA. :)

They showed video of his fathers hometown overseas somewhere and they were celebrating, singing and dancing in the streets. I thought " what the hell for.......he isn't your President ". :)

The one thing you have mate that we don't is Pauline Hansen. Now there is something to be proud of. :)

Chris

Allan

Chris

Fortunately or unfortunately as the case may be Obama has a mighty influence on a lot of countries around the world so it matters who is in
We were glad when George W finished his term i can tell you

As for Pauline
She has gone to ground
She might resurface next year as there is an election due in 2013

Allan

fragged8

November 07, 2012, 04:22:25 pm #5 Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 04:25:14 pm by fragged8
hehe i was getting sick of it in the UK  ;D ;D ;D

its all propaganda, i don't believe a word of what they have been telling us anyway
they just keep saying stuff over and over and hope we actually take it in.

Mojo

Bush was hated all over the world. I took a trip to Europe one year during Bush's first term and I actually wore a Canadian T-Shirt. America was not well thought of in Europe at the time because of the Iraq war.

I stopped into a shop in germany and the lady came up and asked me if I needed help. I spoke and once she heard my American accent she turned and walked away and refused to help me.

Allan: Pauline is like a bad penny. You throw her out and she just keeps coming back. Last I heard she burned all her bridges and is not well liked now.

Richard: When I was in the UK seeing a client the brits wanted to hang Bush and Blair both. I used to mention their names in the pbus and then watched the old blokes down pints and bitch about them both. It was great fun :)

Chris

Chris

fragged8

Quote from: Mojo on November 07, 2012, 05:13:43 pm
. I spoke and once she heard my American accent she turned and walked away and refused to help me.

thats rich coming from a German, when ever i go on holiday in the Mediterranean most of the Germans pretend not to speak English
until they find out i'm not an English thug then you can't shut them up hehehe...

Theres always that under-tension about not mentioning the war though heheh

Rich

Mojo

I was treated in Germany like you Brits are treated in France. Ugly step children.....lol.:)

Chris

sofadoc

I was treated like a king throughout London, Paris, and Frankfort when I visited Europe during the Bush presidency. I never detected even the slightest animosity. And  I found all the stories about the French being rude to be totally untrue. And believe me, it took most Europeans about a nanteenth of a second to figure out that I was from Texas.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

I was treated very well in Holland, Luxembourg, Belgium and France. I believe your experiences are based on large tourist cities. Try heading into the country. The rude woman in germany was from a small country town.

I have heard from several buddies who were stationed there in germany that they were constantly treated like dirt. Most could not wait to get out.

Chris

Mike

Ive had a few German citizen  customers (here only in winter). And although not rude ive found them to be unpleasant kinda cranky  unhumorous folk.

sofadoc

Quote from: Mojo on November 09, 2012, 04:55:19 am
I believe your experiences are based on large tourist cities. Try heading into the country.
Wait a minute.......... Are you implying that they were only being nice to me because I was shoving big heaping wads of cash in their face?

Please, say "It ain't so!" :o
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban