Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 03:33:25 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

The storm after the storm!

Started by scarab29, November 06, 2012, 02:05:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scarab29

Well as I get back to the shop today , finally , after a week of cleaning and no power , I get my first call of a job from hurricane sandy damage. Worked for the guy before , so a few time repeat customer. Big Viking cruiser , was all winterized and had the canvas down and winter covers on. All shredded to hell but for the one new one I made last season for the stern out of top gun. He also left me the regular enclosure on the boat to do some winter work on. That got blown away once the other covers shredded! Finally he wanted me to recover some cushions on a wicker set of furniture , they're gone too! Seems the boats left in the water fared better than the ones that were blocked up in the marina. I can't get to the boat to see it yet , the town is without power so the natl guard will only let in residents.

Now a nor easter this week , maybe snow !!
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Mike

Glad your seeing some work. (did insaysfter. Harleminwas on calls the next day)
I bope the bots om was it in the water?
I saw  guy with a seacraft lloke mind left in the water at a claoting dock he had picture there the flaoti g do k rings eere right st the top of the piling. And after the storm the poles were maybe 12' above the dock.

Mojo

I got one order from a guy who got caught in Sandys wind up near the coast with his motorcoach and ripped his slide topper up.

Just the one order is all I got and expect to get. Very glad your OK and got through Sandy and are back in business. I am sure your going to get slammed big time once everyone finds their boats, survey the damage and get their lives sorted out.

Chris