Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 03:37:21 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

How are you guyys in nj

Started by Mike, October 30, 2012, 06:54:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

October 30, 2012, 06:54:17 am Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:10:02 am by MikeM8560
Scarab and Ed are you ok

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Depends on where you are in NJ.  We have suppliers up in North Jersey who are not available via telephone as of yet.  Same as New York City and suburbs.

I'm in Cherry Hill NJ over the bridge, and we were supposed to get hit hard, but we had some minor wind damage and little more than a bit of rain.  My French drain and sump pump, that will go on during the course of a normal rain storm, didn't even go on once. 

Thanks

Mike

Looks like the danage shown on tv was mostly near the show and big snow inland. I have a customer who has a nouse on the water in NJ but. Cant get anyone with eyes on hos bouse there the one road he daid to his place is closed and no power.
Im glad your ok greg.

scarab29

Finally got to a pc with internet access. It's crazy here but I'm ok. Filing fema claim for my moms house that was flooded bad. She was in sarasota at the time thank god. Her floating dock is sitting a top the pilings . We were lucky in my neighborhood but others in town not so. Power is sporadic , whole shore towns wiped out , gas leaks everywhere along the beach towns. Just south of me the ocean cut a new inlet to the river in brick/ pt pleasant. They won't let anyone in many of the beach towns til they stop the gas leaks for fear of fires like on rockaway ny. Marinas are wiped out , boats just gone with a bunch of blocks left in the lots where they sat. One of the oldest beach clubs in town being held up by a 2x4. Back to gutting the wet walls inthe townhouse. Think Ed got it worse a little south of me.

duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

gene

November 02, 2012, 06:40:48 pm #4 Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:41:39 pm by gene
I just heard they cancelled the Marathon. I think what got that started is that a hotel owner announced that he was not going to kick out the locals who were staying there because they lost their houses. They would have no place to go and he would be doing it just to let a bunch of marathoners run a race. Other politicians saw the bad publicity in the Marathon and joined the band wagon.

And how can you NOT take resources from the clean up to support the race?

Bloomberg's primary concern seems to be keeping folks from drinking a 64 oz. fountain drink.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

Good thing your mom was here Scarab.  When my area was wile out in 04 it took gears to looking mike notmal again didnt have the storm surve like you have but thebsmell of hot tar with new tile roof was in the air for
Months and blue tarped roofs.  Gled your ok slso.
On a good. Ote doese it look like gou may see work from this or were most boats stored and canvas off?
I was out the be t day with calls for work.  I heard from ed on fb but no report on damages.