Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 09:47:05 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Breast Cancer Awareness Chari-ity auction

Started by west coast, October 22, 2012, 08:35:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

west coast

We are having a big auction here in town for this campaign and I built this chair to be auctioned off. The event is being held at a local furniture store (Luxe Home Interiors) this coming Friday night. Its one of the biggest fundraisers in town and 10 designers have each contributed a chair as well, all for auction and we are hoping to raise over $25000.00. This chair began its life as a lowly dining room chair but I fixed that.

Mike

Mojo

Absolutely awesome. I love it. :)

Your dedication to this auction speaks volumes about you. Congrats and best of luck with the auction.

Chris

west coast

Thanks from both of you! We are calling it the Ribbon of Hope chair for obvious reasons. It came about in an unusual way and the story can be told later but I have dedicated it to a dear friend who worked for me and succumbed to that horrific disease. My chair is going to be the last auction of the night and there is alot of people wanting it so should be good, I`ll keep you posted

Mojo

Please do let us know.

It is an awesome thing your doing.

Chris

gene

How did the auction go? I'm looking forward to your news. I think that chair was a great idea.

Has anyone else seen a chair like this? I haven't. What a great idea for an auction to help raise money.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

west coast

Sorry for not posting sooner but they are still adding up the final figures as there is a few donations still trickling in. I actually did two chairs for the auction, the Ribbon of hope chair and one chair that came in with the wrong fabric on it. The one I reupholstered sold for an auction high of 2600 dollars and my Ribbon of Hope chair sold for 800. The semi final number is $42000.00 raised and it will climb a bit but not much more. It was an awsome evening with 200 high rollers, my wife and myself drinking wine and spending money and meeting old friends and new ones. Thanks for your interest in this it was a lot of fun and very rewarding for the sole.

sofadoc

You west coast guys really know how to throw a charity auction.
I've done pieces before that didn't even raise enough to equal my expenses. I would've been better off to just give cash out of my pocket. But then, I don't see too many "high roller" auctions around here. Mostly working class fund raisers. That "Ribbon of Hope" chair wouldn't have fetched 200 bucks in these parts. Needless to say, I quit doing stuff like that a long time ago.
Glad it worked out so well for you and the charity. Great job on the chair! 
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban