Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 01:30:43 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Big Tex

Started by gene, October 19, 2012, 08:28:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

Sorry to hear about Big Tex. I never met the man, but I hear he welcomed many from near and far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6g4_bvGQG8

Some folks are saying that Romney did this as an act of intimidation toward Big Bird.

Obama said it's in the same state as W. Does he even need to state the obvious as to whose fault it is?

I think it was aliens. They figure that if they can take out the biggest one of us, then the rest of us will be easy.

We had our own tragic loss a few years ago just north of Cincinnati. Touchdown Jesus failed to score and went the way of Joan of Arc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGTBFPte-MY

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

I'm just glad that Big Tex never poured piss out of THOSE boots!

When I was just a wee little sofadoc, my mother was a waitress at a Holiday Inn restaurant in Dallas. When the state fair wasn't going on, Big Tex stood right next to the hotel. My earliest  memory was when they disassembled him in order to move him over to the fairgrounds. Seeing that giant severed head lying on the ground gave me nightmares for weeks. :o
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

zanepurcell

once while flying into Dallas, my plane was circling  and waiting for runway clearance and while we were doing that, I was at eye lever with BT. We discussed various things but the main item of interest to me was his attire. I asked him where he got it etc. Apparently, he makes his own clothes in the off season on a singer 29k. he said something about getting remnants from a place called Hunt County Mattress & Upholstery and he used them to form his clothes. Despite the way his outfit looks, it is actually a one piece jump suit. Tex made very little money and most of what he earned went to pay for rent since he took up so much air space. He could not afford to buy the yardage of flame retardant material he so fondly lusted after on eBay. I guess it was a calculated risk for him.