Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:26:53 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Adler 67/167

Started by zanepurcell, October 10, 2012, 10:22:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zanepurcell

I saw one of these on craiglist for about $500 obo, do any of you use one, or have used one? Any advice etc is appreciated. also, does it have a big bobbin?
Zane

Toledo Mach. Sales

Yes,they are good machines for uph,but the parts are $$,the model #67 is a small bobbin & the 167 has a large bobbin.
They both have walking feet.
Bob
We sell New& Used Industrial Sewing Machines,Parts,Needles & Thread.
Toll-Free#1-866-362-7397

mike802

I have a 267 great machine, the only part that I really should replace is the rubber tire that turns the bobbin winder, but I just keep getting by.  It's been going for 28 years now, wish I could find a great price like that on a second machine.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

zanepurcell

thanks bob. my stipulations for my next machine are large bobbin and reverse. that and it has to be a metziah. ;D

Zane

needles eye

i have a 267 and a 269 (flat bed and cylinder arm)
both have reverse and a good sized bobbin
but the bobbin not as big as my singer 132k6

am wondering whats a "metziah"?
any relation to a messiah ...
looking for a miricale maybe?
please reply
ta

zanepurcell

A metsieh far a ganef

its yiddish for deal. the above means a deal for even a theif

needles eye

oh cool bananas
ta
can see what you mean
like the cowl does not make the monk
or the true goddess stood revealed by her gait
or i see the  better course and approve it, i follow the worst
maybe
ruse contra ruse (Fr.), cunning against cunning, diamond cut diamond

it's not suum cuique , to each his own - let each have his own

will look to find a good Latin saying for you   ..........
poss something like
abusus non follit usum (L.), abuse does not go away with use, ie,  an abuse does not forfeit the legitimate use of a thing

Any other takers?

zanepurcell

I dont know how you distinguish between Adler models, from a picture- does this one not appear to be missing a tension knob on the front? missing parts are a red flag. .. parts for this one arent cheap...

needles eye

October 26, 2012, 09:32:15 pm #9 Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 02:03:32 am by needles eye
yo bro
indeed the tensioner and thread stands are manifestly missing
however could probably score easily 2nd hand, and,
would be inclined to try that huge 2nd hand joint in Miami
or ask Gregg to source one
looks the same as my 267 but for different foward / reverse handle and stitch length adjuster (being one and same on 267)
think it's probably the 167
truly fantastic machines
adler means eagle in german apparently
said by some 2B the "rolls royces of sewing machines"
but - ignoti nulla cupido (L.), for a thing unknown there is no desire

eratta
hey, here's a real beaut in sunny canada ...

http://shop.raphaelsewing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=544

zanepurcell

my main concern is as to why it would be missing. Did something go wrong and they tried to fix it by taking stuff off? At least we have semi-confirmed that it is a large bobbin machine with easy stitch length selector and reverse..
Zane

needles eye

Mate you seem pretty keen about this particular machine, so for what it's worth this is what i reckon:
would look at my budget and consider buying new or 2nd hand reconditioned from Bob or Gregg on line, delivered to your door with sewing notions,
but if budget doesn't extend,
would phone the bloke and say
mate it hasn't sold in more than 3 weeks
so people are reluctant to buy something not going that you know nothing about apparently
would rock over there with a bottle of sewing oil, some DP x 35 needles, M25 thread, bits of material and some thread stands (make something out of an old  boomerang or whatever comes to hand), sous him out  and him offer $375- provided it sews ok
if he accepts
then oil up the needle bar (bar atop the sewing needle) and all the little evident oil holes (it's been sittin' round awhile), thread it up and crank on the tension on the one remaining tensioner a bit, tension should be pretty firmish
see how it sews .............. and grows

looking at pix can see chips in paintwork atop stitch length and near the tension plate, and "adler" decal scratched
am guessing it has had an encounter with something in it's travels and broken tension knob assembly off
incidentally you could use any old tensioner and disc apparatus there to repair from any industrial machine and parts online awaiting you from China
note the deck is almost new with little scissor wear, and doesn't look repainted, indicative of low hours
woo hoo she might be a plum
you beaut
good luck

zanepurcell

these folks went to Germany (their motherland) for three weeks so we shall see when they return. My offer would be somewhere around $350 and might grow to $400... It is a thought that I can use some tensioning from another machine like singer 111 stuff, I can get a whole assembly for $9 on tha eBay.. I will touch base with them when they return to Georgia. I just want to know right now if itsa big bobbin machine. In other news, I made an offer on a 267 via email and didnt hear back. I think $400 for it was harsh of me.. haha. I also drug home a Consew 225 today that needs a timing belt but the top end turns better than any other machine I have ever used. I sold my singer 111w this past weekend.. um, I guess I have plenty of time to wheel and deal in the next few weeks and keep a machine or two around to use if I were to get a paying upholstery job or something like that... haha