Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 01:35:44 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Competing with Mojo

Started by BigJohn, September 23, 2012, 12:41:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohn

Well I'm not to 2 houses and an RV like Chris but we sold our Central Wisconsin home this past July and have been living in our cottage/park model "Up North" at Pelican Lake Wisconsin. Last week we bid on a foreclosure from HUD In Buckeye Arizona, it's very near Sun City and is just outside of the White Tank Mountain Regional Park. Just a modest 5 year old 2 bedroom and a den with an attached two car garage. We did pretty well on it, because it's a two bedroom and a ways out from downtown Phoenix, Homes are selling briskly now and the foreclosure deals are beginning to be a thing of the past but we lucked out on this one and paid just over half the new price 5 years ago! The deal was sweet but don't forget HUD is a federal agency so the paper work is astronomical, 15 page contract, 3 pages of forms to get permission to turn on the utilities to do a home inspection, and the list goes on, but in the end when its -25 in Wisconsin and +70 in Arizona it will be worth it!

Now comes the problem does the Phaff go in the garage or do you think it's more suited to the den/office, you can imagine my wife's position on the matter.

Big John

scottymc

Mike

Congratulations John!
It nice not to have half your year/life on hold for winter.
I havnt seen snow sence i  came  back from florida  from vacation in marchbfor a month before my house sold. Then i loded my sewing machines in a trailor and left.

Mojo

I was just thinking about you you the other day and wondering how you were doing and where you have been here.

Congrats on the new home. Keep us posted on the move. :)

Chris

Toledo Mach. Sales

John,
Congrats on the new house,my wife & I both love AZ.I still like my job enough that I don't know when & if I'll ever retire.
Maybe I'll just be an old sew & sew ;D
Bob
We sell New& Used Industrial Sewing Machines,Parts,Needles & Thread.
Toll-Free#1-866-362-7397

kodydog

Now just start doing awning work and you will be just like Mojo. (Ornery old fart)  :D
Good luck with your new house and new adventure.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mojo

Quote from: Toledo Mach. Sales on September 29, 2012, 04:19:42 am
John,
Congrats on the new house,my wife & I both love AZ.I still like my job enough that I don't know when & if I'll ever retire.
Maybe I'll just be an old sew & sew ;D
Bob

Bob has been retired since his son Bobby came into the business. The only thing missing for Bob in his retirement is the palm trees, sand and heat. :)

Ed: The older I get the more crotchety I get. :)

Chris

BigJohn

The message from Bob Kovar reminds me to tell everyone what a great source of machines, and parts Bob at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machine is! You can find his contact info in both the Classified and Supplier sections of this Board!

BigJohn

Well my wife and I are in route driving a 26 foot Penske rental with the car on a trailer. I almost had to leave the Pfaff behind the truck is straining at the seams! We hope to be in Phoenix on Sunday in time to close on the house Monday AM! Maybe that professional movers bid wasn't that out of line after all, boy has this been an ordeal.  I'll keep you all posted!

Big John

Mojo

We opted for the 26 ft. Penske truck as well and the wife drove it down to Florida while I followed in our coach.

What we did is hire movers to come in and load the truck in Bristol. Then we paid guys to come in and unload the truck in Florida. We didn't touch or load anything. I am to damn old to play mover and my wife - 10 years younger then I am - would have gotten upset if I made her load the truck by herself. I suggested her and my mistress load the truck together but that idea didn't go over very well with her either. :)

The sad part is that we still have at least one more 26ft truck worth of stuff in Bristol. This is why we haven't sold the house. It has been a great storage facility. :) I hope next year to get up there and hold a big sale and get rid of alot of stuff and then sell the house.

Hope everything goes well for you John.

Chris

Mike

Convrete  John.   It An exciting time !
When i moved i tossed slot of stuff but i bought a 28' enclosed frailer i knew i need to start working Nd after my machines and tools i packed the good stuff mike t s then everything else. It was to the roof. I almost went off the road when the rig started fishtailing aver 50. I had to off load half the load in a storage unit in ct to finnish the trip.  Then. Rossi f tebfl border i blew the tranny in jacksonville.  But it was an adventure. Not knowing what laid ahead was like a new start.

BigJohn

Update on the move: We pushed it and arrived at the wife's sisters house in Goodyear AZ. at about 8:30 Saturday night. We did a final walk through on Sunday afternoon after watching the Packers win on TV at a local sports bar and we closed at 9:00 AM  Monday. Being that this was a purchase from the HUD division of our federal government we had to wait until the afternoon when the papers had been filed at the local court house to get the keys. We moved in Tuesday or I should say two day laborers from the local hiring corner just down the street from the Home Depot unloaded the Penske for $40 each. We made use of some more day laborers today to move in some heavy furniture and get the yard work caught up! House is really taking shape but another problem has surfaced, My Wife has been spending money faster than the pension and SS checks are coming in who would have thought?

Mike

October 30, 2012, 05:37:57 am #12 Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 05:41:22 am by MikeM8560
Jows the weater in arizona john adter sandy blew birth we gad the wind blowncold over the weekend its. Been 50 on mt patio in the mornings  here the past 2 days  
But my. Eighbkr down the road from cabsda showed up this weekend and has sll the doors open ;)

BigJohn

Weather looking forward is going to be 90 for a few days then declining to a low of 82 before going back up next Tue & Wed. Overnight in the upper 50's & 60's

Mike

When i came fo florida it was january. I kept driving till it hit 80.